Art of Astonishment

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
-Bizarre twist. F'ing amazing! Do the one-hand Cros Twist handling and you have a jaw-dropper on your hands!

-Double Monte. A brilliant finale for any monte routine. Essentially just a 1-for-2 transpo, but can involve a lot of audience participation, Greg Wilson uses it and has the transpo happen while under the specs hands! Mint!

-Backlash. Awesome no-palm card to pocket routine with lovely final phase.

-Colour Stunner. Sweet, tight, in the hands triumph, with lush kicker!

-Giant Killer Coin. Well-structured matrix with, again, a cool final phase (Can you see a trend here?!)

-Solid Deception. An F-ing beautiful piece of subterfuge, used to create an absolute impossibility for your specs!

-Las Vegas Leaper. The ONLY cards across routine I will use. Time and time again, it proves itself worthy as one of the most perfectly structured card effects ever.

-The whole Greg Wilson chapter. Just ace.

-Griffin under glass. If you underestimate this one, you're losing out!

My highlights, my opinions, my favourite book.

CL

Nov 12, 2008
To those of you that have the art of astonishment AND True astonishments, is it worth getting the Art of Astonishment?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
To those of you that have the art of astonishment AND True astonishments, is it worth getting the Art of Astonishment?

Let me put it this way... YES, it is worth it.

If you get only one of those, and it doesn't matter which one, you will have your hands full of material. You can't go wrong with either, but you will go right with both of those...

Good luck

Feb 17, 2009
Bethlehem PA
Im a little more into coins and other effects that don't require cards. Dont get me wrong I love card effects its just that right now im looking for other different effects. Which AoA book has the least card effects? Also which do you think is the best out of the 3 books?

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Coins...
Well, volume 2 includes...

-PDQ #2. A very nice coins across effect.

-Betz poker roll. A nice coin flourish.

-King Solomon's drink. A quick flurry of coin vanishes leads into a production of a liquid-filled glass. (AWESOME!)

-England's penetration. A borrowed coin penetrates a borrowed hand!

-Twilight. Amazing- A routine with a coin and a mirror, wherein the coins reflection visually becomes a physical piece o'silver!

-Flutter. A John Kennedy effect. A coin vanishes from the hand and appears under a napkin on the table a number of times. Then, the napkin transposes with the coin! Awesome!!

And, volume 3 has;

-Close quarters. Daryl's wonderful coin fusion effect.

-Chocolate coin. Borrow a coin, peel a bit of the metal to reveal it's chocolatey innards, then seal it back up and hand it back.

-Free Flight. An amazing coin assembly effect.

-Tic-Tac. A super cool, very easy coin penetration efefct.

Both books also feature a huge array of effects using non-card items :)

I couldn't pick one particular book of the three, they're class!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results