Audience Lures

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
I've been wanting to start busking on my main street. I want to know what kind of lures does anyone use to grab attention on the street for busking. It should be something visual and repeatable. A lot of people use flourishes, but I'm not into that entirely. Thread work always gets attention, but the sun light can ruin it sometimes. Also I was thinking about close up linking rings called dragonfly rings. So please I want to see your input on what kind of material you use to grab an audience. Whether it's what you say or do. Thanks.
-Jacob

Jul 13, 2009
NOOOOIIIIIISSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

One of the secrets Cellini teaches on his Street performer dvds. On that note, "You wanna do busking huh? Come closer now so I can fool you better. Stick around bud I will show you the finest most amazing prestidigitation that you will ever see in your life! *Sees a guy walking by* "Hey you Mr. Why you leaving? The girl is topless in the front row. Your with your wife, its okay your on a business trip. Come in closer you are occupying the space I need for new people! Now folks are you ready for the most amazing show on this street corner, well at least the cleanest show on the street corner stick around I will show you the coins, cups, ropes, and maybe a surprise or two. Come in closer right at the line, if you don't come in closer you will clog up the space that means the POLICE would be on me there would be no show and no red lobster later. Look watch the wand *flips tick routine with a wand making plenty of noise.*

Anyway I have no idea if that would work but I completly suggest you buy the trilogy of Cellini Street performing.

Jul 13, 2009
Gazzo has a couple of books I suggest you look into, I think the book is called Art of Krowd Keeping.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results