Audition

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
ok so i got a audtiton today for a cell phone commecrial(not sure what conpany)

and i want to do a trick there

I am deciding between

SAW
STIGMATA
DISTROTION
FLOW

what do you guys think would be the best.

See I was thinking that the more visual and abnormal the better
and I cant use loops seeing they have A LOT OF LIGHT in the room,
and there is no time to set up for amothing like Angle ZERO

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
If you have burn...you could modify it so the a card with the competitions name on it ends up burned through with the name of the cell phone company you are auditioning for :p

Seeing as you want it to be one of those four, I'd avoid stigmata and saw at all costs. Great effects on their own, but if you are auditioning, its best to avoid geek magic. At least in my opinion. Flow could be good, as well as distortion. But, if I were you, I'd try and find something you do that you can relate to a cellphone company. Show that that you can benefit them, and not just that you are another magician.

-ThrallMind

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hmm

How about witness or panic? :rolleyes: I hope that helps lol, they do take set up but hardly, just carry the witness thing in your pocket, and you know what to do with panic... :)

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I would do stigmata and explain that you could do it slightly different if that is the direction that they want to go for the real commercial. I will pm you details.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
I think Distortion is good.

On a side note: How come they haven't told you the phone commercial? That sounds fishy. I do a lot of acting and that is really odd for someone not to tell you that it is a phone company but not tell you the actual name of it.

Dec 23, 2007
Do something visual, something that involves a color change maby, That will allways get some attention ;) if its for the comercial, card changes are allways eye catching!

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
First of all I would suggest not to do magic for them they are busy and don't want to be bothered. But it would get you remembered so I suggest doing the coin in bottle that comes with flow. Also if you have factory sealed use the flow cib merged with factory sealed.

-Michael

Sep 3, 2007
good idea, i do own burn.

i only chose those 4 beacuse i thought they be the most visual hard hitting i got without extensicve set up

What about performance rights? If this is for a commercial you might want to check with the creators before you make any deals. (Could end up with a lawsuit).

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
ok the reason i didnt know the company was because my mom told me but she didnt tell the company name, i just came back.
The company was alltell. I did distortion, they loved it.
I only did magic to get remembered not to actually do magic in the commercial.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results