Aviator Playing Cards

It's funny you should ask that,

I've been playing with a deck of Aviators all day, practicing my flourishes and such with them.

The finish is pretty much a thin plastic coating of sorts. It's hard to describe but, it is not Air-Flow, since when you touch a card, it does not feel like card stock rather plastic. They are slightly thicker than Normal Bicycles, I believe due to the finish.

I'd post a video but, my computer is acting up right now, sorry.

Hope that helps,

-RA69

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
The Aviators feel very bendy and fragile. I still play with them tho because i don't really want to ruin my bikes, even thought they are just normal bikes. But I can do the spring with the aviators pretty well.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
drorange said:
they are similar to steamboats and alladins they have no air coushin. i personally think the back design is boring

Aladdin 1001 have Air Cushion Finish, Aladdin 1002 (gilded edges) have not. Steamboat I don't know about. I'm sorry, but your post didn't give any clear answers. :confused:

RebelAce69 said:
The finish is pretty much a thin plastic coating of sorts. It's hard to describe but, it is not Air-Flow, since when you touch a card, it does not feel like card stock rather plastic. They are slightly thicker than Normal Bicycles, I believe due to the finish.

Hmm... yes, I might have a clue. :) That sounds okay, as long as they fan all right. ;)

aviators

yea ive used them. i uslaly only use them to practice tricks where i need to bend a card or card on celing
i also use them for friends with tricks like card on ceiling or a trick where i need to rip up a card. they rnt very good for all time use like if you are seriously gonna do some magic for a show or on the street but they are good for practice.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
yea ive used them. i uslaly only use them to practice tricks where i need to bend a card or card on celing
i also use them for friends with tricks like card on ceiling or a trick where i need to rip up a card. they rnt very good for all time use like if you are seriously gonna do some magic for a show or on the street but they are good for practice.

I strongly disagree with you. The deck that you are using for practice should be the one that you preform in. Things are different from deck to deck. (example-the pass) You might be able do a sleight flawlessly with your "practice deck" then you go to perform with a different deck and it could totally mess you up. Things such as sleights or flourishes can become increasingly difficult when decks change.

-Brad

Sep 2, 2007
I fail to find Aviator Playing Cards very aesthetically pleasing. Moreover, for me, they are not durable or long lasting-- they clump up persistently. However, they are omnipresent and omni-affordable.

Just my two (trillion) cents. ;)

Cheers,
JTM

Jul 13, 2008
I dunno, I just got them and they're OK. I heard that once you break into them they get a lot better . . . I'm gonna have to see.

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
hi this may be a little off topic but i once saw a magician using a deck of un ordinary bicycles. they looked different because the angles on the backs werent riding the bikes "out of the deck" they were riding them to the side. i just thought the side view of the angels and bikes looked cooler. does anyone know the name of these cards and where i can find them?
-Thank You

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results