Backlash - Paul Harris

Apr 1, 2008
I was reading the art of astonishment Vol 1 and found this beautiful trick Backlash..
I've been practising it for 2 days and got in on cam (this one is the best of 8 try's)
so do you guys have any constuctive comment? I know my handling on the double well sucks, I don't have a good technique for this trick, for the handing..I managed to prepare for a DL when I tried to blowdry the inkt, but i'm kinda stuck:(

Help?
greetz,
Kaart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tty6ZGYzvQ4

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Okay, attention youtube kiddies! Patter (to me) is a major part of a trick. How about trying that sometime! You need to keep the viewer's attention. How would you handle doing this to a spec if you don't practise your patter. Not executed very well either. Sorry, thumbs down for me! :(

Jul 19, 2008
webtech , I have to agree with you on this one! cERTAIN EFFECTS ARE VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND IF WE DON'T HAVE THE PATTER. NOW, I DO SEVERAL EFFECTS SILENTLY, AND I HAVE EXPLAINED THAT IN ANOTHER POST, BUT THIS ROUTINE REQUIRES PATTER FOR SURE. I USE TO DO THIS EFFECT ALLOF THE TIME. I ACTUALLY FOROT ALL ABOUT IT. GREAT ROUTINE, AND THANKS FOR REFRESHING MY MEMORY

Sep 3, 2007
Hey, kaart I have a constructive comment for you. =) I've been playing around with this particular trick myself. When you removed the signed seven of spades from the cardbox and placed it on the face of the deck, you showed that both sides had a signature. Now, what you forgot to do, is a wrist kill. In other words, you didn't turn the deck face down while at the same time removing the seven of spades. I would suggest that you go back to the Art of Astonishment and carefully read the explanation again. Once you've done that you will understand more of what I'm talking about. This trick has the potential to be quite good. Though, you need to keep practicing and add some patter. Be creative. Experiment with this trick and come up with your own presentation style and patter. The possibilities are endless. That's the great thing about magic. So, in conclusion, go back and read the explanation of the trick, practice, and have fun! Good luck. =)

Thanks for sharing a trick that could be considered, "unsung."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results