Bankrupt - Lloyd Barnes

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Bankrupt Review – Lloyd Barnes

The Effect / What the Spectator Witnesses
(A 2 Phase Straw through Bill Penetration)
Run time = 19 minutes

A borrowed bill and straw or your own bill and straw can be utilized to make the magic happen. The spectator is able to watch a straw penetrate a bill quickly and then again slowly.

I am happy already because it is something different rather than coins or cards.

Set up
The dirty work that needs to happen is very minimal and can be done quickly as they are unwrapping or inspecting the straw.

Method The method is not completely new, as I have seen other performers put a pen through a bill while having a post it note wrapped around the bill before and it uses the same method. Nonetheless Lloyd took a great principle and made it into a new effect.

Phase #1 Flash Penetration
This flash penetration happens so fast that you almost miss the magical moment. Lloyd’s handling here is very good and easy to do though. Great Job!

Phase #2

The second portion is slowed down and looks amazing. Love it!

Everything can be borrowed and examined? I think that is a little bit of a stretch, but you can handle it pretty darn fairly right in front of them. I’m not so sure I’d actually hand them the bill to gaze at for more than a few seconds. However….this is all taken care of in the clean up section. See below.

Clean Up

I really like Lloyd’s way of adding some humor into “keeping” the borrowed money when the switch needs to occur. It provides some light-hearted humor and allows you to do what you need to. Great thinking and it will definitely work.

Added Convincer
The added convincer is not necessary, but he has added it for those of you who think you’ll need it.

Video Quality: The footage looks good and Lloyd’s instructions are easy to follow. Lloyd does a good job of turning and giving you a view from his perspective as well.

This is definitely something outside of the box and uses ordinary objects. Looking forward to performing this soon.

Note: This is 1 effect that comes as part of "The Gift" download.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results