Barrel Change by Lloyd Barnes - Reviewers

Jun 27, 2008
Illinois
I wish hed put it up as unprotected that way we wouldnt hav to go through this. I dont know about you guys but iv sent him two messages saying it doesnt work and im sure some of you have too. He has to be so annoyed right now.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
It looks great, but i think this effect has been released before. If you use a different method from this I would love to know and would pay how to learn how to perform your version.

The method i'm speaking of can be found here:

http://www.full52.com/colour_burn.htm

Let me/us know, because if your version is superior I can't wait to learn it!
hey,
yes, mine is entirely different, as mine is 100% impromptu and that one requires a Gimmick.

Cheers,

Lloyd

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
The change looks great! It resembles Cartier, but I can already tell that its not the same method. I like it a lot. I'm definitely thinking of picking it up when it gets released.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Is this really original? Ive been doing something like this for a long time! But still looks good.
Hey,

The basic idea behind change is not original. in the explanation video I credit Bill Perkins for his Xchange colour change.

Bill has since contacted me and says that he really like where I've taken his idea and has no problem with me explaining it.

Cheers,

Lloyd

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Hey All!

For anyone who is interested in learning the Barrel Change, it is now FREE when you sign up to the mailing list at www.disturbreality.com

Hope you all enjoy it guys,

Cheers,

Lloyd

P.s. What do you all think about the new teaser for Fail Safe on the home page?

Oct 1, 2009
Italy
Hey All!

For anyone who is interested in learning the Barrel Change, it is now FREE when you sign up to the mailing list at www.disturbreality.com

Hope you all enjoy it guys,

Cheers,

Lloyd

P.s. What do you all think about the new teaser for Fail Safe on the home page?

Awesome stuff man.
Barrel Change rocks, and i'm blown away by your claims of Failsafe.

Dec 14, 2007
You might also want to credit Larry Jennings and Bill Kalush. (I think it was bill who used the same idea but with long side to long side for an inversion effect - might have been JAmes Lewis.) However, other have explored this principle for both color and other effects.

Aug 4, 2009
I signed up for the mailing list, but the tutorial I got was for the Kodak change. Not that I'm complaining; it's really slick.. but I'm dieing to know the Barrel Change.

Did I do something incorrect?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. I'm not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I believe I read this idea in one of Jean Hugard's books, possibly in More Card Manipulations, but I might be wrong. I developed by own handling which is done vertically which played well while I was using it, not great for larger audiences, though, due to bad angles. I haven't seen your precise handling for this and the main benefit I can see is the clean-up is easier than most, which is payed for a little in the set-up. How does the sideways approach work for larger audiences?

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
I signed up for the mailing list, but the tutorial I got was for the Kodak change. Not that I'm complaining; it's really slick.. but I'm dieing to know the Barrel Change.

Did I do something incorrect?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. I'm not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer.

actually, I was stumped for a bit too....
Tricky, tricky, Geraint. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results