"Be one of the few to own them"

May 5, 2008
White cents - not to piss in anyones fruit loops... but am I the only one who sees this as ridiculously gimmicky crap that seems directly ripped from the E marketing handbook? The same handbook that many T11 fan boys seems to despise soooooo much? Its fine marketing, I love business and its great... but it goes to show you how much fan boys really think for themselves. Think about it from a business stand point... brown wynns, white cents = 1st ed black ghost deck? anyone? anyone? ok never mind... enjoy your cards :)

Jan 3, 2008
White cents - not to piss in anyones fruit loops... but am I the only one who sees this as ridiculously gimmicky crap that seems directly ripped from the E marketing handbook? The same handbook that many T11 fan boys seems to despise soooooo much? Its fine marketing, I love business and its great... but it goes to show you how much fan boys really think for themselves. Think about it from a business stand point... brown wynns, white cents = 1st ed black ghost deck? anyone? anyone? ok never mind... enjoy your cards :)

Well you know, who cares? People can despise and hate on E all they want, but the truth it, E is great and successful. If this particular marketing gimmick was stolen from E, so what? It WORKS, so why wouldn't they use it?

I don't know why people want to hate E. E inspired my interest in magic, and if people want to hate it for being T11's competition, then let them hate.

That's business, baby.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia

Yeah, it's basically marketing. Doesn't annoy me, doesn't annoy me when it's E either, they're businesses, fine by me. As for fanboys... Is this topic really about marketing? It's more a swipe at fanboys. I think that term is thrown around a lot, and overused, and mistakenly used most of the time - but when it comes to it, who really likes a fanboy? It's kinda obvious when someone is one, so...

The thread kinda came out as a pointless rant man... End of the day, enjoy your cards, exactly right. Marketing is cool, and fanboy criticism is kinda just a given - no-one likes them, and fanboys who don't realise they are in fact fanboys will just agree with this anyway, never realising and certainly never changing.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Have you ever thought about the fact that some people that bought the cards just might....like the cards? *gasp* A lot of people couldn't care less who makes the cards. Most people care about how they handle and/or how they look. So what if it's hyped up? If I like it, I'll buy it any even use it.

And of course there are card collectors who buy it because it's rare or because it's a deck they don't have then never open it. Nothing wrong with that either.

My point? It doesn't matter if it's hyped. It doesn't matter if the way it is marketed seems like "gimmicky crap". What matters is people want it so they buy it. It's their money to do what they want with.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, that's a good point druix. As I said, the term fanboy is thrown around a lot, overused and mistakenly used most of the time. Someone who loves a product and gets it immediately, contrary to what some people think, are not for the most part fanboys. I haven't gotten my SM's in the mail yet, but I suspect I'll love them - I'll love the design, because it's my style, but because most people don't, I'm a "fanboy" according to some (especially when I give it a favourable review if it handles as well as the reports say).

T11 is a business like any other company. The thing that sets them apart is the activity of their artists and staff on the forums and their ability to help anyone out on a moments notice.

These cards are more of a privilege than anything. Do they HAVE to release decks like this? No... Not at all. In the end the customer has the choice of whether to buy it or not. If you don't like, don't buy it. But if you happen to like the look of the deck and perhaps want to use it for your magic, then buy it! It's as simple as that.

Mitch

May 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well since this is about business, then I'll tell you my business strategy.

I was lucky enough to get 6 white centurions. I could care less about the hype that these are the best, coolest cards ever. What I see them as is an investment. If I can get them for 5 bucks a piece and then sell them for $100+ then that's definitely a worthy investment. I plan to sell 3 or 4 in a month or two when they stop giving these small releases. I'll keep one for me (there's no arguing that this is a pretty cool looking deck.) and one to save.

I like the marketing strategy they're using. That being because it will ultimately lead to me making money. (hopefully)

-Kevin

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I think that the marketing strategy they are using is brilliant. Right from the conception. I think it uses a lot of solid ideas and lots of new ones. It's just like any other type of advertising that's effective. Love it or hate it, it works.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Complain all you want, it won't solve anything.
The fact that the "marketing plan" is actually working doesn't mean you have to get pissed off.

If people want the cards, let them buy it.

Oct 11, 2007
The big difference I see in T11 though is a higher quality in products, but that isn't really marketing, it's just an observation and opinion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results