Beginner card magic?

Dec 17, 2013
I am looking for a good book on card tricks for the beginner. I know one card trick and can do it pretty well, but I would really like to learn at least a dozen more. I have always had an interest in magic but I have a four year old now and he just loves to watch me do the one trick I know over and over. I don't really care too much about slight of hand right now (probably later) but just the basic card counting type trick or math based trick with a deck of cards. I also am not interested in one that relies on a trick deck. Also perhaps one that covers some basic coin tricks. Thanks a lot.

Josh

Sep 2, 2007
London
If you're not interested in sleight-of-hand then your best bet is Karl Fulves' "Self-Working" series of books.

Apr 17, 2013
Also the Mark Wilson book would be good it covers cards coins sponge balls. Some self working stuff some basic slight stuff.

Dec 17, 2013
Awesome! I am gonna go with the Royal Road and the Fulves book. My son (and twin boys on the way!) thank you ... and so do I. Thanks again.

Nov 30, 2013
Hilliard, OH
I wouldn't go with the Royal Road to card magic if you do not want to learn Sleights. That is what Royal Road is all about. Yes it is still beginner, but you said you wanted some math stuff. The self-working stuff would be your best bet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results