Best Book For Performing/Audience Control

Oct 6, 2007
Hey, I wanted to purcahse the RRTCM book, but I have already in fact learnt the reuired sleights and techniques for tricks that I want to perform. First question I would like to be answered is wheter or not I should purchase the book?- to ensure taht the handlings and technique I use is 100% correct.

I am now looking for books on performing and audience control, to help me when I perform. I want a book that would maybe talk about presentation, subtleties, audience control, etc. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help. I love this place.

HI want a book that would maybe talk about presentation, subtleties, audience control, etc. Any recommendations?
Strong Magic, by Darwin Ortiz. It is a metaphorical goldmine that has just about EVERYTHING on presentation including character, suspense, clarity, meaning, suggestion, structuring of routining, audience and attention control, hecklers, levels of conviction and so, so, much more. I've read this book 3 times over and I still get new things from it every time I read it. It is so good.

Other suggestions for books in this field are Maximum Entertainment, by Ken Weber, and Absolute Magic, by Derren Brown, although I can't personally recommend either one, as I haven't read them.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
don't get it just because it's a magic classic and almost every magician has it, if you know most of the common sleights then you will learn very little from the book.

Sep 24, 2007
Don't know if it fits the category, but I've heard that "Magic by Misdirection" and "the books of wonder" are good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results