Best Flourishing/XCM DVDs??

Dec 6, 2010
Hi, I am interested in getting into card flourishes to enhance my performances and what not. I was wondering if anyone had any good DVDs that you have or watched that helped the most. There are a lot out there, but rather than buying all of 'em, does anyone know which one is the best for semi-beginners and is the most efficient in teaching and quality of flourishes? I want to make sure that if I buy a DVD, then it won't be way too hard, so I guess I'm looking for something that is going to teach me the most semi-complex, cool-looking, attention-getting, reaction-starting, and ...... awesome flourishes the best. The recommendations don't necessarily have to be from theory 11, so if there is a killer DVD somewhere else, let me know.

Thanks.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I know it's gonna sound cliche, but get Genesis. It's amazing. I love how he actually speaks, unlike most flourishing DVD's. The stuff looks amazing. I was doing card in fan literally 15 minutes after watching the explanation. Do you how badass you look when you throw a card in the air and catch it in a fan?! Get Genesis. And save some money for V2.

Jan 12, 2011
Definitely get Genesis by Andrei Jikh. The teaching is top notch quality, and there's a vast arsenal of cool moves to learn. My number one reccomendation for the beginning flourisher.

Another good reccomendation I'd like to say is Jerry Cestowski's Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes. Great resource for flourishes, such as armspreads, fans, one handed cuts, aerials, etc. So many moves in this book.

If you want to learn some good two handed cuts, get d&d's The System; dvd consisting only of flourishes.

Dec 6, 2010
Ok, I'll definitely add Genesis to the list, does anyone have any ideas on Dan and Dave's Trilogy (The Flourishing DVD)? or Dangerous Disc 2 by Daniel Madison?

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Ok, I'll definitely add Genesis to the list, does anyone have any ideas on Dan and Dave's Trilogy (The Flourishing DVD)? or Dangerous Disc 2 by Daniel Madison?

Dangerous Disc 2, aka Motion, is hard. I don't know about anybody elses thoughts on here but I started flourishing like a year ago. Motion was the first disc on the subject I bought. I was very discouraged because Daniel is a freak with a deck of cards. Even his simple moves were hard. I'd tackle that DVD later if I were you.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
The Trilogy was the first thing I bought and it was tough but I didn't give up. With practice you can learn anything. I also own Lethal, Motion and Madness by Daniel Madison. His style is rather different from Dan and Dave but most of his flourishes utilize the same moves or variations of them. There is a progression which makes learning a bit easier but most of it is still pretty tough stuff. I don't own Genesis but it is categorized as a beginner DVD and it's usually best to start at the beginning. But if you have the patience and ambition then nothing is out of your reach.

Cheers!

Sep 6, 2010
Motion was my first flourishing DVD. Got it 2 weeks ago. It rocks! You need a basic understanding of flourishing, but it is worth it! Some of the things will take a lot of practice though... I can only do a few of the flourishes on the DVD.

ATH

May 1, 2010
Genesis is good for the "semi-hard, cool looking flourishes" but I don't recommend it as wholeheartedly as the others. The majority of Genesis is flourishes that can be found on YouTube. Sure the teaching is a bit better on Genesis, but all in all it's basically the same. There are a few gems but I don't think they're worth the price of the DVD. I would start out on YouTube. If you already know the basics, there are great tutorials out there for great cuts. Check out the media section of UC. If you're eager to buy something, you can also check out Michael Herp's downloads for a ton of choices: http://www.youtube.com/mflourishes

Also, the flourishes disc of the Trilogy and the flourishes disc of Dangerous cannot really be compared....it's completely different styles and it depends what you're into. They are very similar in that many of the cuts on both DVDs are Sybil based, but Motion is a bit more repetitive. The Trilogy has more variety but it is pretty advanced and is a totally different style. It's really your preference that counts. Or you can get both.........

Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
All these are great recommendations, I own Genesis, Trilogy and Lethal but I've done tons of practice and learned a few things here and there from friends.

Genesis is a great starting point I'd also look at De'vo's Xtreme Beginnerz. I don't have it but I would like to pick it up. He is more or less the father of modern Cardistry (I'm not looking to get into a debate on that, just my opinion)

I started with the Trilogy DVD and I will say that it was a mistake to go into that DVD only knowing the basic sybil cut, but it is great to further your abilities and take a new look at what can be done with a deck of cards

Oct 7, 2010
Like everyone has stated already, Genesis is a very good DVD to learn the basics, it is taught by Andrei Jikh in a way that is easily understood by beginners. I do have this dvd and all i can say is that it's amazing.

Now, Xtreme Beginnerz from Handlordz is something that I'm thinking about getting. From the trailers the basic flourishes on there look amazing. However, i do not know how well taught each trick is, but you can look into it.

Genesis 2 should be out soon, so I'd also look into that once it's released.

Jun 27, 2013
i started out with trilogy and learnt the molecule cuts first. followed by genesis! andrei jikh's bullet flourish will make any beginner cardist look very skilled

Kristos

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2013
Yeahh I got genesis too, and just the first video (4 hours) is gonna keep me busy for a loooong time getting the basics down. Loving it so far. I dig Andrei's teaching style.

Jun 13, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I recommend the Trilogy and Dangerous 2. I really thought most of what was on the Trilogy was not useful for performances, the moves that they taught though allowed for me to modify them and be creative. Dangerous in my opinion, is not that hard. If you can do a sybil fast then you should be fine. The best part of Dangerous for me was the amount or aerials. Its chock full of them and made it fun to learn.

Sep 1, 2007
You guys do know that this thread is 3 years old, right? The guy who posted it hasn't even logged on since Christmas. Of 2012.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results