Best magic investment

I know this is going to sound funny, but honestly the best thing that has helped my magic become better exponentially is the book ... "Magic For Dummies". Don't let the title fool you, this book is gold. Yeah, there are a lot of "cheesy" tricks, but there are a few gems. But more than the tricks there's the philosophies that helped me tremendously. I never thought about magic the way I do now than after reading that book. Highly recommended to amateurs all the way up to pros.

I'm gonna get burned for this one but I give respect were respect is due. Ninja 1 & 2. I was on a coin and stage kick until I got these and it pushed me back into card magic. At the same time I purchased Royal Road so all 3 of these pushed pulled me back into card magic.

Shane

JB Bobos Modern Coin Magic & Mark Wilsons will always be a classic to me.

Feb 7, 2008
Expert at the card table and simillar books are great casue they teaches you everything and when you not a total noob anymore buy the trilogy.

And you can download hundreds of magic books free on the net.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Not a purchase, but, a magician friend. Becoming friends with T11 member Liquidsn (posted the raise rise video) has been the best thing ever for my magic. Since freshman year of college, he has taught me the most =)

As for a purchase, I would have to say... a magician's mat and table top mirrors (3 section to see wide angles). Everything requires practice right =) Doesn't matter if you have 14 books and 11 DVDs if you dont try to master the tricks. One book with everything mastered is better than reading through 14 books but never really fully understanding everything in them all.

mines the trilogy and system, they are amazing, if you dont have them well umm my advice is BUY EM! they are so good expecially the trilogy which is good for beginners as it teaches you in flourishes 101, but those woule be my greatest investments right there

Nov 30, 2007
Just so everyone knows here, I have been into magic for a while. I am just seeing if there are any great tricks I don't have. Thanks for everyones help. I think I am going to get Paper Engine soon.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hopefully you're talking about free books. Otherwise it's pirating.

David

That's true. But I've read places that for most of the older books, it's legal to download them online. Must be something to do with the copywright expiring. IMO, it's nicer to have a tangible product.

Nov 10, 2007
Stigmata

The best magic investment is definately stigmata because it is hard hitting and you do not need anything to do the trick. Say you forgot a deck of cards just tell them to think of anumber between one and ten and the number appears on your arm.
Amazing.
Best reactions with that trick.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Mark Wilson's Complete Course was my first book like so many others out there. But I think my best "investment" was the Trilogy as it cost the most and was the reason I got back into magic. It not only teaches card routines but the sleights used in them. It teaches practice, technique, flourishing and a little on evolving and improving on your own stuff. It's what made me buy Dan and Dave's PDF bundle which is also a great investment.
These led me to Vernon's Secrets of Card Magic series and Hugard's Card Manipulation series and Expert Card Technique.

Bobo's Modern Coin magic can't be beat for sleights and pretty much every thing you need to know about coin magic. Truely the best coin book to start with in my opinion (plus it's dirt cheap at dover publishing).

And though I can't call them an investment because they were a gift but the first four issues of Magic Man Examiner are great! I'm still on the look out for the rest...

I realize that I listed more than one investment but what the heck.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results