Best "Out of this world" effect...

Feb 2, 2008
I want to learn one good effect similar to Out of This World. I know the classic effect by Paul Curry, also the Darren Brown version and Galaxy by Paul Harris. What I don't like about the classic effect is that it is a little longer (for my taste) and that it requires a table. Now I have come across the Oz Pearlman effect called Perfection, which has similar idea but is much faster (it requires a table as well).

I really like Perfection but I wonder are there any other strong effects of this kind?

Sep 1, 2007
Mike Powers has an interesting solution in the book "power plays" - its based in part on Harry Lorayne's work on the trick.

In a pinch, Harry Lorayness impromptu version is very good - I found it in "classic collection".

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
perfection isnt a version of out of this world, is a coincidence effect I think, juan tamariiz has one very cool with two decks, its longer but dammit I LOVE IT

Triple Coincidence

Its in spanish but you can see the effect...

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
If I could find the name of the one I do...

You can be handed a deck, shuffled by the spectator. You ask them to give you about half the deck (The whole deck takes too long for my own taste). You take a red card from the deck, and a black card from the deck face up on the table, to show the color separation. You pick cards from the packet they cut, and have them tell you where to put em. You can even hand the packet to the spectator halfway through and have them finish the placement themselves.

I always open with this, as it's impromptu. If I can find the name, I'll PM ya. Someone a ways ago taught it to me at my IBM ring, and I never was told its proper name, nor who created it.

-ThrallMind

Aug 31, 2007
there is a book coming out with just out of this world effect....i dont know when, but my Friend Micah Cover will be in it

Feb 2, 2008
perfection isnt a version of out of this world, is a coincidence effect I think, juan tamariiz has one very cool with two decks, its longer but dammit I LOVE IT

Triple Coincidence

Its in spanish but you can see the effect...
That's correct, Perfection was actually inspired by the Juan Tamariz routine, only it involves one deck. Indeed it is an effect of a different nature than Out of this World and I should not mix them.

And yeah, Tamariz is an incredible performer :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results