Best Pass

Sep 1, 2007
Classic Pass, because it allows you to keep a break, and it has multifarious other applications.

May 4, 2008
NYC
do it the clipshift way with a little misdirection.
If u dont know the clipshift, then i suggest the classic pass or dribble pass.
Or heck, just learn every pass out there and do them all :D, I wanna be able to do that. heheh

Or if u want to do it a complicated way, do the molecule - 900 spin (in mid air) - to the jackson 5 - to a lethal X to a twisted rain - to a mayhem - to a revolution cut (5 times) - to the 8 packet leno cut - to the Full Nelson....pass...... it's pretty easy, all u need is practice :p:D

Oct 28, 2007
i mostly use the spread pass and herman pass. aside from passes i use the SWE shift aswell

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
What is the situation that you need to control a card for? I am a pass junkie but I rarely if ever use it to control a card. I think there are plenty of more practical ways to get a card to where you need it.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 15, 2008
If you just learning, I suggest the classic pass.

There is no need to add in dribbling the cards or riffling the corner while learning the basic mechanics. It just makes the move more "obvious." Learn the classic and learn it well. Do it until it is not only quick and invisible, but also motionless and silent.

Then you can add in spreading the deck or dribbling the cards.

However, if you need a pass for a routine, and there is no other way to control it, the turnover pass seems to be the easiest. Just work in front of a mirror for an hour or so to manage angles and get it looking right, and you'll have it down. Turn over the deck without the pass, then with the pass. Strive to make them as similar as possible.

Good luck and don't get frustrated. It's taken me almost 3 years to get my pass where it is.

EDIT: For the record, I am a HUGE fan of Trespass. It is killer. Bottom line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Classic pass is killer and all you would really need. Misdirecting a person away for a few seconds is such simple act, they wont know what happened. I also like the Spread pass though when I feel up to it.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Classic for sure. Riffling is a good subterfuge, but thats what it is... It's not a seperate pass all of its own.

I'm personally learning a top card cover pass at the minute... it's hellish!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results