Bicycle Guardians :: A Year's Supply

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
and i have better things to spend my money on than cards :)

i do agree with what was said before, 'oh were not selling many guardians anymore, and we have lots left in stock, shame those centurions and split spades and black ghosts and other expensive custom cards are selling well..'

then comes the delicious marketing scheme ;)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Like I said before, theory11 is a business, they have to make money somehow. The 1st Edition Black Ghosts, IMO, weren't anything special at all, just a huge marketing scheme. Just like any other promotion. They're just a way to make money, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Oh yeah, I would choose Guardians over even a 1st Edition Black Ghost Deck anyday. Actually, I take that back. I would take the Black Ghost Deck, sell it for $200 on Ebay to some loser who actually thinks they're worth that much, and buy me a bunch of Guardians. :D The fact is Ellusionist made those decks, not to give people a deck they can enjoy, but so they could sell them as "rare" decks, and therefore make a lot more money off of them. Jerry Nuggets, for example, were never intended to be rare and sought after by magicians... they were never some marketing scheme. I guess it just kind of makes me mad that Ellusionist made a deck, then said, "Wow, these are great." But most of you will never have one. Theory11, however, made a great deck, and said, "Hey, everyone can afford some of these! Plus they're awesome!" I guess like I said before, Ellusionist is just a business, and they have to make money, but the whole Black Ghost thing still makes me mad. Anyway, back on subject...

Oct 30, 2007
Slovenia,Ljubljana
i agree with you adjones...

actually i use a deck of cards for a two or three months...
and i have like 5 opened decks at a time...

if i actually win the contest....i will of course use cards more often...and make like 5 forcing decks and so on and so on....and use guardians as a regular deck for performances.

even mercury card bend wouldn't be a problem practicing with guardians...but....it's a bad thing to practice that sleight/move with guardians...the best looking deck ever.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Well, I probably wouldn't spend all $200 on Guardians, but I would probably buy some Guardians, Centurions, and Lions. I haven't tried the last two yet, so I'm looking forward to that. But let's stop talking about Black Ghost Decks and E and all that (yes, I know I started it!) and get back to the subject at hand.

Okay, here are my thoughts:

- Just out of curiousity, how does 144 decks equal one year?
- It is a marketing idea, and a cleaver one. But hey: They're giving you 25% off, which is pretty good.
- Without pushing my luck, do you really need 144 decks?
- Lastly, could somebody verify the total price (and/not standard U.S. shipping (5 per deck)).

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
lol, funny that you brought up Ellusionist decks... I'll try to respect your wish to leave that topic alone, but I must say really quickly that the only cards I have ever liked from E were the Masters because they are just a slightly better version of regular bikes, and they last noticibly longer for me. Plus the plecebo effect I get from Wayne's preview video make me feel like I am using better cards than I really am :D All the other decks are just kinda there so people can buy something to collect. The black tiger deck, the ghosts, and especially the 1800 series were just "to have" cards, nothing more, nothing less. Guardians & Centurions are at a better price, and they don't feel cheezy, which is a HUGE deal for me. E's decks lack the level of artistry & mystery that the T11 cards have imo. Plus the details and styles are much darker and more magic-inspired. The industrial/grunge look does wonders for these cards, they have 10x as much personality.

I hate to be one of those people who hate E products, because I don't, but I feel like T11's approach is much more authentic and genuine (no offense to Brad though), and that really shows in their cards.

</rant>

@ skylark - The year supply thing is just an estimate I guess, don't take it too literally :p

May 6, 2008
Bicycle Guardians - Year's Supply Contest

Who's buying how many? Just wondering what the odds are looking like.

Or I mean don't buy them they're terrible. I'm only getting three bricks to support the site, you know taking one for the team...

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
He was being sarastic. He said they were horrible so people wouldn't buy them and he'd have a better chance of winning. :rolleyes:

May 6, 2008
Yes, unfortunately there is no font labeled Sarcastic A-hole. Otherwise that is all I would type in. As for the multiple threads, I'm too dumb to know there is/was/are others.
P.S. adjones, thanks for defending my honor.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
No problem man... most of us knew you were just kidding around. And you're not too dumb, you just didn't realize there was another thread. Don't put yourself down like that; it's not worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results