Bicycle League Back pips

Oct 13, 2008
Hi everyone.

I decided to play with a black league deck i bought awhile ago and put aside. What i discovered were small extra pips on the borders - on the short edges. A number (or a letter for court cards) and a picture of the suit.

I can't figure out what these pips are for! :)

Moreover, the pips are printed on different parts on the border depending on the suit. Hearts' extra pips are off center to the left, diamonds' - off center to the right, clubs' - in the center of the white border. Only spades' pips are in the right corners of the card just like normal extra pips.

I'm confused. :) Those who have these cards, please tell me why were they put there.

Once again - it's a deck of black bicycle league backs (vintage series). I don't know if red and blue also have those.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
"Rummy" Is a very old card game, centered around matching cards of similar values. The deck you have is either a misprint, or a deck specifically made for a one-off piece, in respect to rummy.

Gin Rummy is one of many versions, and one I am very fond of. For ease of gameplay, quickness of game, the ability to play quicklya dn without a hussle anywhere, and - my ability to cheat on it, thanks to Paul WIlson :)

Gustav

Oct 13, 2008
"Rummy" Is a very old card game, centered around matching cards of similar values. The deck you have is either a misprint, or a deck specifically made for a one-off piece, in respect to rummy.

Gin Rummy is one of many versions, and one I am very fond of. For ease of gameplay, quickness of game, the ability to play quicklya dn without a hussle anywhere, and - my ability to cheat on it, thanks to Paul WIlson :)

Gustav

Thanks. I guess this deck came from the game set.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results