Biddle Trick?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
A card is selected, the deck is cut and shuffled a couple times, the magician says "I dont think that your card is on the bottom half" and he puts the bottom half on the table. He takes 5 cards from the top and and ask the spectator to tell him if his/her card is in the 5 card packet, but dont tell him which one. The magician counts off the 5 cards and lays the rest of the deck on the bottom half on the table. The spectator say sthat his/her card is one of the five cards. The magician now counts the 5 cards again (face down) and does a magical gesture. He shows that one card has vanished from the packet, and the selected card is no longer there. The deck is spread na the selected card is found reversed in the middle of the deck.

Its one of my favorite tricks to do as it is impromptu and hard hitting. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2007
One of the best card effects out there in my opinion. Even after all these years, it's still definitely in my top five--always gets a great reaction. And it's easy too.

It isn't a card transpo (nothing is transposing), it's a card across effect. Very strong one too. Definitely check it out.

Feb 1, 2008
This is also an effect that is one of the easiest in terms of sleight of hand. It requires only 3 sleights, that even an absolute beginner can learn for a week or two. For an intermediate magician (say with 6 months of practice) the main sleight will take a day to master. This is one of my top 10 tricks I always perform, and the easiest to teach. Also, unlike a double lift, or any card control, the main sleight is 99% sure to remain unnoticed.

I recommend the version taught by Oz Pearlman in his 'Born to perform' DVD.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Ive been doing the biddle trick for quite some time and it always gets a good reaction. My version has evolved into something pretty cool. I actually let the spectator pick ANY 5 cards out of the deck (they really do pick any 5 they want) and, of course, one of those 5 is their selected card. My patter is based around saying "What is the chance you could just pick any card out and it be yours? 1 in 52, I dont think youre that lucky so Ill give you 5 tries." It gets a cheap laugh and I say "Well that was impressive but not quite magical, now for the magical part." Then what they will REMEBER is actually seeing what would have to be their card visually vanish from the 5. It ends as usual. Ive never seen anyone else perform it this way, its just a few small additions but it certainly adds a lot to the overall effect. If any of you are interested in it I would be glad to share privately. Just let me know.

Justin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results