Big setup FASDIU

May 6, 2012
Hi guys, I wanted to ask people who perform complicated setup tricks. How do you manage to setup your deck from a shuffled deck in use. i.e. In front of the spectators, with a deck you already used previously.

I mean like big setups e.g a whole suit, half of the deck, reversed cards, etc. Don't get me wrong, I know how to manage small setups with culls and false shuffles. I guess you can't switch decks infinite times right? ;)

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
For setting up a deck in front of spectators, the cull is the most versatile sleight to achieve this task. The cull doesn't limit you to a small number of cards; you can cull all of one suit, all of one color, and so on. For reversing cards, i just cull the necessary cards and reverse them using a Braue Reversal or some form of variation. I then run cards from an overhand shuffle to stack those reversed cards in the necessary positions in the deck.

Of course, the key to all of this is to do so rather quickly and discretely. Converse with the spectators as you do this and don't look down on your hands too much, otherwise your spectators are going to think you've done something fishy before the trick even began.

Hope that helps. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results