Bill Malone Colour Change

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
Does anyone know what the change is he uses in his Mental Photography Routine, where he waves his hand over the deck? If you youtube Bill Malone factory you can see the video i am talking about. Thanks

Sep 1, 2007
I love how open the policy of revealing secrets and discussing individual magicians' methods is on these forums.

Except I don't...

Sep 1, 2007
I love how open the policy of revealing secrets and discussing individual magicians' methods is on these forums.

Except I don't...

Whilst there should be a problem with revealing effects that are on the market, there still needs to be things we discuss as magicians, like a double lift, and invisible thread, etc. Utility moves aren't described in detail on these forums, like palms and changes, but they can be referenced, we can't be secret to each other all the time.

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
Whilst there should be a problem with revealing effects that are on the market, there still needs to be things we discuss as magicians, like a double lift, and invisible thread, etc. Utility moves aren't described in detail on these forums, like palms and changes, but they can be referenced, we can't be secret to each other all the time.

~Beans

A straight quote from the forum rules: "Teaching of ALL effects and/or sleights, moves, etc. is not permitted."

There is a lot more to discuss about magic than methods.

I just edited the post in question. Any exposure is against the rules, even if it's something as minimal as a colour change. So, make sure to report any exposure, it really helps us mods since there is much more of you guys then there is of us.

Cheers,
-RA69

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
How was that exposure?, he wasn't describing how to do it, he was describing what it was. I think its a little strange to take exposure so seriously on a site which only magicians are likely to visit when youtube is full of step by step tutorials.

Jul 13, 2009
How was that exposure?, he wasn't describing how to do it, he was describing what it was. I think its a little strange to take exposure so seriously on a site which only magicians are likely to visit when youtube is full of step by step tutorials.

Describing ideas that aren't yours is unethical, lets have a little honor now. I am certain bill has a dvd detailing the method for ya. Oh and the dvd is ten times better then getting a "description" of how to do a move, because it comes with presentation ideas.

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
Describing ideas that aren't yours is unethical, lets have a little honor now. I am certain bill has a dvd detailing the method for ya. Oh and the dvd is ten times better then getting a "description" of how to do a move, because it comes with presentation ideas.

Surely 95% of magic is other peoples ideas, just because you talk about it in other means doesn't make it anymore ethical, in actuality the move isn't even Bill's so i am not sure where that whole debate began. Again though i was simply asking what the move was called, i would look it up in perfectly fine means, and thanks to that guys comments i managed to find it in expert at the card table, which was far more helpful than anything else which has been said in this thread and many others, and wasn't exposing anything that couldn't be found on wikipedia anyway... nuff said.

Sep 1, 2007
Good grief, its practically the oldest change in the book! Side steal colour change. That's not exposure, that's what the move is called.

Sep 1, 2007
No problem man - and if you want to learn the change, I would strongly recommend you learn it from the Malone DVD - not only is it a source of GREAT magic (and very entertaining performances!) but he teaches the change very well and studying his technique will bring you closer to making it look as good as he does.

I didn't fully appreciate the potential of this change til seeing Malone perform it, and I didn't fully understand its execution til I studied his explanation.

Cheers,
David.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results