Bill Malone

Nov 22, 2007
I've always enjoyed Bill Malone magic tricks. Has anybody bought any of his dvds like the new ones he came out with "Here I go Again", Malone meets Marlo? How is his teaching on these DVDs?

A few things, (Here I go again) isn't new its been out for quite some time now. But thats not the point the entire series is worth every penny buying them would be one of the best investments you can make. I haven't had the luxury to get my own copies of Malone meets Marlo but Im pretty sure its a safe bet on not wasting you money since they were good friends and jammed on several instances.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
His stuff is generally easy to learn. He's a pretty damn good performer even tho I find his jokes a bit over done. But the effects are essentially something a Intermediate and maybe a Beginner could learn with enough practice.

His stuff is generally easy to learn. He's a pretty damn good performer even tho I find his jokes a bit over done. But the effects are essentially something a Intermediate and maybe a Beginner could learn with enough practice.

I wouldn't go as far to say that his false shuffles are intermediete they can take practice even from a pro to get em down as smooth as Malone. But yes, alot of his stuff as like any pro magician can also be considered beginner.

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
I must admit, his ACR is really impressive, although his jokes are a bit to much sometimes to be fair, i also like his sam the belhop , it seems to suit his character.

I must admit, his ACR is really impressive, although his jokes are a bit to much sometimes to be fair, i also like his sam the belhop , it seems to suit his character.

Yeah his "If I had a pocket" ACR is pretty damn cool I use it in my ACR routine and gets everybody. His jokes are funny too me reminds me alot of myself sometimes and its entertaining which is the point noone likes a entertainer that has the rock of a personality. Malone understands that and thats why hes Malone, thats why he always has paying gigs.

Sep 19, 2008
Singapore
For Malone Meets Marlo, some of the tricks in the DVD are from On The Loose. But, almost all of them are new materials. Too bad there's no Bill Ma~Lone cheering from the audience in the video. :p

It's a great investment btw.

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
For Malone Meets Marlo, some of the tricks in the DVD are from On The Loose. But, almost all of them are new materials. Too bad there's no Bill Ma~Lone cheering from the audience in the video. :p

It's a great investment btw.

You can go along at home by yourself, BILL MA-LONE BILL MA-LONE, damm wish my name could be shouted like that :p

Jan 10, 2008
When it comes to the Malone DVDs, you really can't go wrong.

On the Loose is really a mixed bag of Bill's older material, and some of his friend's material. He still uses a few of these in his professional repertoire.

Here I Go Again takes the viewer back to a time where things weren't so politically correct and explores some really great effects that are fun to learn, perform, etc. Like Bill says in these DVDs "If your looking for the next big thing, you won't find it here; but if your looking for great magic that is also fun to perform you will not be disappointed."

Malone Meets Marlo is friggin' Prime Time Marlo! It's great stuff that stems from multiple resources, (Advanced Fingertip Control, Marlo's Magazine, Marlo Without Tears, etc.) In my humble opinion it's all great, but certainly not Marlo's greatest stuff. I love how Bill encourages the viewer to explore Ed Marlo's past works and the stories he tells about the Chicago sessions are great.

Bill Malone as a entertainer and teacher is great. Your money won't be miss-spent by purchasing his dvds.

However I do have to agree that his humor is an acquired taste. I find him more like a failed insult comedian turned magician, but make no mistake; he's a damn good magician.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I am of the mind that he ONLY does those jokes for the L&L crowd. Because I doubt he could do the chants and everything else when he is actually working a gig (in fact I saw a video performance of him working a gig for a Ford party and he didn't have any of the jokes besides maybe one. The crowd was so quiet you could hear a cricket chirp. Tho that was probably due to it being a car show and people generally don't expect magicians at car shows.).

I know he must do it just for L&L simply because you could get away with murder with those people. Specially like one of the guys who cheers and freaks out over everything. I think his name is John.. He could step on dog crap and then think it was a miracle.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Yeah i agree, he was doing some stuff at the detroit motor show with a small crowd, and couldnt even get applauses, i wonder what it would be like if he tried the classic Bill-Malone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOhQt-S9XM

The Classic Bill Malone and the one who performs for professional gigs are two different people. Obviously he doesn't do all the jokes on the L&L videos.. He may do the same effects, but the jokes only work in the video's because well. You can get away with murder in those L&L videos.

Like I said before, I think it was just that people don't go to car shows to see a magician, they go to see cars. So he wasn't really expected.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results