Bizarre Magic - Influenced Habits

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Have you ever had time where, almost unconciously, you use your own personal habits from performance in everyday life?

Let me explain, with my own story (which just happened yesterday):

I heard a knock on the door, went over to it, and it was a courier guy. He handed me a package, then he handed me his little electronic touch screen pad and a stylus for me to sign my name. I signed... then proceeded to lift the touch screen up to my face, blow on it, and gently shake it... just like I would a freshly signed card!! The courier looked at me like I was insane, and I actually felt that way too.

Anyone have any stories of these "unconcious ticks"?

Feb 26, 2008
Utah
Hilarious

I signed... then proceeded to lift the touch screen up to my face, blow on it, and gently shake it... just like I would a freshly signed card!! The courier looked at me like I was insane, and I actually felt that way too.

I just laughed so hard out loud. I've never done anything that extreme but just 2 days ago I had a stack of business cards in my hand while talking to a co-worker, and without thinking about it was cutting them and practicing some controls with them.

Your story just made my day because I could picture it in my head.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Keeping coins classic palmed when i have my hands in my pockets.

False shuffling cards when playing a game with friends.

Throwing in seconds when playing a game with friends.

Tenkai palming credit cards when stuck in a line somewhere.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
LOL... I also have a tendency to backpalm virtually any small card or piece of paper... I have stood in line for shows with ticket in hand, just continuously backpalming it.

haha yeah that happens a lot with me too. Same with a tenkai lol.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results