Black Decks

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
hey guys...

i was wondering if there is something to do in order to improve the look of a black deck such as a viper deck or shadow masters. The edges of the cards seem worn out minutes after the first use...

i saw a guy on youtube who used a black marker on the edges of the deck..did anyone try it?

any other suggestion?

personally i am a tally-ho user but i got my hands on some shadow masters and they look really slick, apart from the edges that look worn out (white marks)

thanks

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tried it....run the EDGE of the sharpie along the edge of the cards, don't go over it toooo many times, as you'll ruin the edges.

once the whole deck is done (about 30 minutes) the deck looks UNBELIEVABLE. Almost looks like a solid block of black plastic...it's so hard to describe.....but I highly recommend it :)

I would take a picture of the deck, but I mounted the cards on a board (currently on display at Morrissey's Magic in Toronto, along with the Viper, Ghost, and 1800 Red)

Sep 1, 2007
I also sharpie'd the edges of my black tiger, and it looks 10x better. It's best to do one or two cards at a time though (I know it's a pain) because I've heard that doing the whole deck at once will cause them to clump up very badly.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
oh thanks for the tip, i was planning to do the whole deck at once...i will try groups of 2-3 cards when i spare some time

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
you didnt understand AXIS, the deck is brand new...

when you fan a black deck the edges of the cards look bad.... the sharpie solution seems to work for now

Sep 4, 2007
I'm just assuming the marker will make the edges wet and they may warp. (That's just my theory of what will happen. I haven't tried it.) Feel free to experiment for us!:D

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have done it, and they don't warp, so long as you don't let the marker sit on any spot for a long period of time, and as long as you don't go over the same spot more than twice (MAX).

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
I just finished Sharpie-ing the edges of my Shadow Master deck. It looks FANTASTIC! However, it has lost a bit of it's glide due to the ink from the pen. They still fan and flourish well and my tricks have not suffered either. They do have a different feel to them now though. Perhaps with more use the tackiness of the edges will go away. A little Talcum Power might help the problem too.

Over all it makes them look better but their feel has changed. I would wait to do this until they are pretty beat up. Or just get another deck.

Hope this helped.

Cheers.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
No matter what, if you use a marker to color it; DO NOT DO THE ENTIRE DECK AT ONCE! DO EACH CARD INDIVIDUALLY, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS ANYTHING MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A RIDER BACK DECK.
Trust me, I've learned that the hard way, I colored the whole deck at once, and it would have looked cool if the sharpie hadn't bled down the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results