Blackpool 2008 (video)

Hey everyone. As of right now, it is May 5th 2008. I promised I'd release the Blackpool video today, and indeed I am.

First I'd like you to take a minute to read this and stuff, you can skip ahead and start downloading the video, but please read what I have to say. It'd mean a lot.
I enjoy making videos. Something most of us have understood by now. But when I started editing the Blackpool video, something felt.. not right. After a couple of days, my Macintosh HDD decides to mess up and suddenly get a complete disaster failure. So I lost everything. Which is also incidentally the reason I still shoot HDV on Mini-DV tapes. Even if you do experience a disaster situation, you've still got your footage. Since then I've experienced another disk crash, but that was some super-silly error I made on my laptop, and has very little to do with the Blackpool video.

Over the last month it feels like I've spent all my spare time to edit this video. A little AppleScript I wrote tells me that I've spent about eight hours and forty-two minutes on the video. This indicates how incredibly little spare time I've had. Last night I put the last marathon in to finish up the video, and showed it to the attendees that are featured in the video. Got some feedback, changed a few things around, and now I'm done.

Being set back by the hard drive crash was a good thing. What didn't feel right at first, feels right now, that I've re-done it.

This will be the last video I make for a good while. I can say for sure that I'll be putting out something, between August and September sometime, but wouldn't bother going more into details about that right now.

Heck. Just realized. It's my birthday right now, and I've been eighteen for twelve minutes already. The posting date of the video was indeed a coincidence, and I did not think over this matter until now. Interesting. happy birthday to me, I guess.

Well, what a great chance to share this work of mine.
Most of the people in the video I've met on multiple occasions before. As always, some of the best moments of my teen life have been spent with you guys. Hope you can say the same.

I'm going to go catch some rest now, and enjoy my birthday tomorrow. Which happens to be a monday. perfect.

Enjoy, guys. It's a pleasure to share this with you.

BLACKPOOL 2008
(seriously guys, save it.. don't stream it in the browser..)

High Definition QuickTime.mov
approx. 80MB.
right click and save as to download.
mac users ctrl click.

Allan W. Hagen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Downloading as I type. This will defiantly be your best video yet. Sorry to hear about the 2 hard drive crashes, those suck. Happy 18th Birthday! Give yourself 1 extra birthday hit for me:D. I'm kidding, of course.

Good luck with all your upcoming projects.

Oct 13, 2007
Saving..

Uhh I am kind of a major n00b at computer so how could i save the video like u suggested? also happy b-day!:)

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Uhh I am kind of a major n00b at computer so how could i save the video like u suggested? also happy b-day!:)

Assuming you're on Windows using Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer (which, in my opinion, sucks - but that's a story for another day...)

1. Hover the mouse over the big red letters that say "Blackpool 2008".
  2. Then click the right mouse button.
  3. A drop down menu will appear suddenly as if by magic.
  4. Choose the option that says "Save Target As" (if you're using a different browser, choose the one that sounds most like Save Target As - it could be Save Link As or something like that).
  5. Choose where you want to save the video. A good choice would be the "My Videos" folder or the Desktop for convenience.
  6. Wait for it to finish downloading (It may take a while depending on your connection speed).
  7. Once it's finished downloading, watch it over and over again.
Cheers,
Shanku

PS. Yes, this was meant to be sarcastic so don't take it personally. :D

Wow, I hadn't thought this to be up already! Well, well..

Allan, I just wanted to congratulate you on such a fantastic outcome; I think the improvements you added were spectacular and really made the video feel more "complete". I understand how often you took out your free time to play with the video, and I feel that was very kind of you considering the little spare time you have.

Despite the apparent mental-retardness, I hope you all do have fun watching – it was certainly a great Convention. Thank you everyone that attended and made it what it was! It will not be easily forgotten. :)

Happy Birthday, mate.
Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results