Blind Shuffles?

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Hey 'vryone, I was just wondering if someone could clarify something here? I've heard the term 'blind shuffle' used quite a few times, but I'm not quite sure what it is? Is it another name for a false shuffle or is it something completely different? Just wanted to clear that one up.
Thanks
Adam B

Blind shuffle simply means false shuffle, yes.

The term was mostly used in the in the early nineteen hundreds and before. The 'blind' part basically means the spectator cannot see the falseness of the shuffle/cut.

It's like slapping a blind man with a fake fleashy hand, he knows that he's been hit and can still feel his lively nerves tingling- he is certain that what has happend is true and honest, but what he doesn't know is that the hand was infact a fake one.

Hope you understood...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 21, 2008
Finland
In Blind shuffle the deck stays completely in original order. Fake shuffle is basicly the same thing but it can mean that only top or bottom card stays in its original order

Nov 10, 2007
Yes what they said a blind shuffle is simply another term for a false shuffle.
Some awesome false shuffles are:
Faro Shuffle
or
Push Thru Shuffle

Sep 2, 2007
London
Sorry, I think there's a bit of misunderstanding on the term "blind".

In Erdnase and contemporary texts, the word was used to describe any sleight or hidden move. So, any false shuffle, whether a full deck retention or not, was referred to as a "blind shuffle", any false cut would be a "blind cut", and even a palm would be a "blind".

These days, however, the meaning has changed, and a blind shuffle or cut is one that retains the full deck order.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results