Bobo's Modern Coin Magic Study Guide Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bending the Real, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I posted this in the coin magic section, but it's been over a day, and no responses, so my only conclusion is that people hate coin magic...(kidding!)so I decided to ask it in here :D

I found a study guide for Bobo's Modern Coin Magic online and was wondering your guys' opinion. Is this the best study guide, or have you guys know of a better one? Thanks

2. I really hate coin magic. It sucks if you know what I mean. :)

3. It is very difficult, if that's what you mean. It takes a lot of practice, but I am willing to put in the time and hard work to become a great coin manipulator :D

4. I sorta like coin magic and I use it, but only when I don't have a deck of cards on me :D. However, to answer your question I have no idea what the best study guide is, but you should do whatever suits your needs best. Make routines out of the tricks as you progress it kinda helps with deciding what you want to learn. :)

5. Well, I think the best part of this study guide is: learn the basic, stick to it until you hae a good handling, check all the stuff but choose what you really want to learn and improve those.

6. I think I'm gonna just stick with this study guide, since it is the only study guide I've seen out there so far. Thanks

7. The study guide seems pretty good to me. However, at the end of the day, it's going to be the same as learning anything: you have to practice, practice more, and then keep practicing.

I think the structure of the outline is good. Working on the basics is important, especially once you move on to more advanced techniques and sleights. If possible, purchase a DVD to work through along with Bobo's. I would recommend Metal by Eric Jones or Expert Coin Magic Made Easy Volume 1 by David Roth. Either of those have solid techniques and would be a great companion to Bobo's.

8. all i know is Master the classic palm and some false transfers... Coin magic is very hard for me... I can't make it look right so I only perform simple vanishes and stuff like that with my 3 half dollars that took me a while to get haha! I am thinking of getting a coin bite half dollar and putting that into it some how.

But anyway I don't know anything about the study guides so i am not much help just master the classic palm!