Bold Assembly by Ben Train Review

Bold Assembly is an Ace Assembly that is very elegant, and also a very cool way of introducing the four aces. I watched the trailer at least 10 times before deciding to purchase this effect, first off for how cool the effect looked, and also for the great music they used in the trailer :D I was hesitant at first about buying this effect, because I haven't been doing card magic for a while, and I thought that the sleights used may be too advanced for me, and I have purchased effects in the past, that I won't even be able to use for another year or so. Thankfully, Bold Assembly isn't one of them!

I would rate this on a scale of 1-10, where 1 being the easiest, and 10 being the most difficult, at about a 4. There are a couple of Bold moves, but they are hardly noticeable. The moves are very subtle, and don't even stand out because they are so natural. This effect is just amazing, easy to do, and overall a great way to introduce the aces, and routine it into any other trick involving the four aces you would like.

Train also includes a bonus effect called 'Bolder Assembly' which can be used as a gambling routine (that is how Train's patter was for the effect, but it does not have to be used this way) in which one king goes into four separate piles and you steal them away from each pile without touching them, only to have the four kings end up under the spectators hand that was dealt, and you end up with a...kicker ending!

Overall I would recommend this effect to anyone looking for a beautiful ace production. Also, you only know this if you receive The Blue Crown newsletter, but up until 9/4 (today!) if you spend $9.95 (the price of Bold Assembly) they will send you a deck of Green Crown's for free before they are officially released on the 9th. Also, if you spend $20 dollars or more, you get the Green Crown's, and Alex Pandrea's DVD featuring the brick pass, and turnover pass, and if you spend $30 dollars or more, you get the Green Crown's, Alex Pandrea's DVD, and also a limited edition Blue Crown art book. (Just a warning for people who are only purchasing the downloadable effects they sell. Make sure your address is filled out in your profile, or else they won't know where to send your free stuff.)

Last edited by a moderator:

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I love Bold Assembly. It was actually my first purchase at Blue Crown along with buying Cannibal.

Bold Assembly is simply beautiful. Very nice review!

Nov 19, 2007
Toronto
www.BenTrain.ca
Thanks for the kind words!

Hey friends,

I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying Bold Assembly. The idea was to share something that had fun moves, a good premise, and would be something you could perform for magicians OR laypeople. This download does all that... and more.

I also wanted to share some of the history behind the Ace Assembly (or rather, assembly plot) as well as general magic theory and ideas. So hopefully you not only got a few cool new moves and tricks out of the download, but also some tips to improve some of the magic you were already doing.

So if you haven't yet, go buy the darned thing- if I stop making Alex/The Blue Crown money he may beat me up!

Ben

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results