Bottom Dealing

Hey guys
Im looking at buying Jason Englands 1 on 1 for bottom dealing. I was wondering if having small hands (as i am 14) is going to be any sort of major problem in doing the bottom deal?

Thanks, Matt

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Well, I dont think so but you will probably want to ''train'' your hand to be stronger. You will probably want to adapt a little the move too. I don't have small hand, bu the handling that Mr.England teach wasn't comfortable for me so I found a position that suit me. I think you'll be able to find one for you too. Also, when you'll grow up you'll be able to change it again.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Hey guys
Im looking at buying Jason Englands 1 on 1 for bottom dealing. I was wondering if having small hands (as i am 14) is going to be any sort of major problem in doing the bottom deal?

Thanks, Matt

Small hands have advantages and disadvantages in most moves. When you first start learning the bottom deal, you'll probably find that the deck tends to slip out of position, but that's perfectly normal. Even though it'll start to seem like a problem that'll never go away, given enough time and practice, it will. Also, you may find some bottom dealing grips fairly uncomfortable to begin with. Again, this is something that will disappear with time.

Counterbalancing that, a smaller hand can help with keeping finger-flutter to a minimum (as there's less finger to move, the movement of it can be less visible).

So, overall, yes, bottom dealing can be difficult to begin with, maybe a bit more so for those of us with small hands, but nothing worthwhile is easy, so don't give up!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results