Bout time... geesh

Sep 11, 2007
Well i too finally got my Guardians in the mail today. Ordered on the 6th and here on the 12th... reason I'm frustrated? T11 and E both use the same USPS shipping and E gets to me in 2 days! T11 took 6! Before anyone says location, I live in Nashville TN. E is in CA and T11 is in SC and anyone with a map now understands why this doesn't make a lick of sense. Why in the world did it take so long? Also, i ordered two boxes of guardians and they came in a rather big box, wouldn't fit in the mail, also and this is minor i was kinda hoping to see some flyers or something like E. Ok, no im not an E only person, i actually have a local store i use mostly, but in comparison I'm not thrilled nor impressed in the least.

also, on the actual cards... they clump like a coca-cola deck on a southwest airlines flight (if you ever got one of those ad decks you know what im talking about). I didn't get a decent fan until i really broke them in. They look really cool (except the horrid white border... its not that im against the white border but its so stinkin thick!). I have a feeling this deck will last me a half a week. Now to clear up the upcoming posts, i dont have sweaty hands, its not the humidity and theres no way im putting them in the fridge or freezer... if i have to do that then they are still crappy. They fan "ok" now, but im putting one in the collection and another in my pocket... then no more. Yup im pretty dissapointed, going back to my wal-mart bikes, bulk tally's and cutom E's.... sorry T11, you dropped the ball, maybe next time.
-Spinndecks

Aug 31, 2007
I'm not sure about the shipping, as that happened to me. Someone said on the forums that there was a glitch in the shipping system, so its a bit messed up until Theory11 staff fixes it. But the decks are fine. They do bulk, and they way you can stop them from bulking is put them in the fridge for a good 30 minutes, it worked well for me...and I live in Florida, where it is hot and humid, and they are find for me!

Sorry for your misfortune!
-|P54

Sep 11, 2007
I'm not sure about the shipping, as that happened to me. Someone said on the forums that there was a glitch in the shipping system, so its a bit messed up until Theory11 staff fixes it. But the decks are fine. They do bulk, and they way you can stop them from bulking is put them in the fridge for a good 30 minutes, it worked well for me...and I live in Florida, where it is hot and humid, and they are find for me!

Sorry for your misfortune!
-|P54

no offense really I mean this nicely... but I have NEVER had to put an E deck or regular bike or tally deck in the fridge and i used to live in FL too. If i gotta put it in the fridge this should scream crappy over priced impractical deck o' cards.

funny thing... you cant even use a T11 deck FOR a T11 card trick :cough cough: distortion. LAME T11.... sorry

Sep 2, 2007
Why in the world did it take so long?

After it leaves theory11, your package is in the hands of the USPS. So they are responsible for the arrival of your package to your house, and the time it take to do so. Further, the USPS does not work on Sundays, causing you to wait another day for your package.

also, on the actual cards... they clump like a coca-cola deck on a southwest airlines flight (if you ever got one of those ad decks you know what im talking about).

Try using some textbooks.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 11, 2007
Kind of babyish if you ask me how you sound right now. Yeah, every deck from a website is supposed to comply with their products? Don't think so.

brian.

no but it should comply with something... both card tricks sold don't work with a t11 deck... its just really bad planning. I guess great magicians aren't also great business guys... just my 2 cents

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
no but it should comply with something... both card tricks sold don't work with a t11 deck... its just really bad planning. I guess great magicians aren't also great business guys... just my 2 cents

Who cares?
It costs more to buy a deck of guardians than it does to run down to the gas station and buy a pack of regular bikes for $2 bucks.
A pack of Guardians costs 5 dollars plus shipping and handling.
A pack of regular Bikes costs around $2.25, and you can get them at almost any store here in the U.S.

Sep 11, 2007
Who cares?
It costs more to buy a deck of guardians than it does to run down to the gas station and buy a pack of regular bikes for $2 bucks.
A pack of Guardians costs 5 dollars plus shipping and handling.
A pack of regular Bikes costs around $2.25, and you can get them at almost any store here in the U.S.

oh i know... and my original point is that with all that said, this deck is basically card board crap

Sep 2, 2007

Making gimmicks, such as that for Panic or Distortion, just for the Guardians would be a fallacious business move because it would force those who want to buy an effect to buy a deck of Guardians, which may turn them off from buying the effect.

Moreover, making the gimmick for regular Bicycles allows theory11 to reach a broader consumer base, as there is a limited supply of Guardians out there - 5,000 in the entire world, I believe, and only 643 currently available to be bought at theory11.com. If I were given a business decision to either sell Distortion to a limited audience, the 5,000 people, who own Guardians, or to the entire world, via Bicycles, I, as a businessman, would choose to market my effects to those with Bicycle decks, which are omnipresent.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 11, 2007
Making gimmicks, such as that for Panic or Distortion, just for the Guardians would be a fallacious business move because it would force those who want to buy an effect to buy a deck of Guardians, which may turn them off from buying the effect.

Moreover, making the gimmick for regular Bicycles allows theory11 to reach a broader consumer base, as there is a limited supply of Guardians out there - 5,000 in the entire world, I believe, and only 643 currently available to be bought at theory11.com. If I were given a business decision to either sell Distortion to a limited audience, the 5,000 people, who own Guardians, or to the entire world, via Bicycles, I, as a businessman, would choose to market my effects to those with Bicycle decks, which are omnipresent.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
JTM

that was actually really well thought out... thanks, I mean that. I enjoyed reading your post :) wish more people would think before they post.

Sep 1, 2007
After the through explanation already offered about the tricks not using Guardians, all I have to say is that I cannot wait until they offer the gimmicks separate from the DVDs. I was kind of upset that the gimmicks on both of the tricks that require cards are different color backs from one another.

Sep 1, 2007
do not forget that T11 is barely half a month old..how perfect do you expect it to be? i'm sure it started the same with E as well

so cut it some slack..give it some time and things will get better

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Ok Guardians are made from standard bicycle/Tally-Ho stock(which works just fine). Did you expect something special other than the design?
NEWSFLASH: *speaks in newscaster voice* Playing cards are made from paper! During shipping (especially during these summer months) they can be effected by the humidity in the mail mans truck. Its an unfortunate truth that magicians just may have to deal with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results