Breather Crimps

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Hi guys,
I know that breather crimps are, in it's most basic words, an invisible crimp and i have just started working with them. However, i cannot create a 'good' breather crimp. And yes, i know how to create a breather crimp but i cannot create an effective one. Any tips on making a better breather crimp that actually acomplishes it's purpose (cutting to crimped card without looking and feeling)?

Any advice is helpful.....literally, ANY ADVICE!! :)
Thanks,
Jack Ferguson

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you are really struggling, there are many different types of crimps that can be used that work as well as a breather... I myself prefer a crimp that I can insert impromptu and naturally disappears over time, but there are many permanent crimps as well if you so desire. The first chapter of Ted Lesley's book Paramiracles is dedicated to such gimmicked cards, including one that I used myself for some time... This doesn't really help your breather crimp question, but we all have things we run into that we just can't make work for us...

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Guys,

The Infinity crimp and a breather crimp* operate on the exact same principle. They're both simple bas-relief crimps and are conceptually identical to the Jontay crimp from Greater Magic as well as many other crimps.

How you get into them is slightly different, but once the work is in they're virtually identical. Not sure how one is "a lot better" than the other in practical usage.

Jason

*technically a reverse (bottom-cutting) breather

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Guys,

The Infinity crimp and a breather crimp* operate on the exact same principle. They're both simple bas-relief crimps and are conceptually identical to the Jontay crimp from Greater Magic as well as many other crimps.

How you get into them is slightly different, but once the work is in they're virtually identical. Not sure how one is "a lot better" than the other in practical usage.

Jason

*technically a reverse (bottom-cutting) breather

I think its more of a psychological thing for me actually but for some reason Jason I miss my breathers. Prob im not putting in the work properly or strong enough.

I just prefer Infinity. Mostly because I could put in the work during my routine in front of everyone. With the breather I have to do it before hand. I guess you could do the same with a breather toying around with the cards but I havent heared anyone doing this during a performance. Then again im new to the game and always learing.

Mike

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results