Bullet

Aug 31, 2007
Well, I haven't seen the full effect, but it's pretty much obvious when the 3 seconds of prep time take place. So, right now I'm thinking that it may be a ridiculously simple method that will disappoint people when it is released.

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
No idea. But don't go spreading the 'I know how it's done' virus around. Because it very well may be a 'I think i know one way for it to be accomplished' instead. You might be right, and congrats if you are, but you might be wrong. Keep it to yourself.

Sep 1, 2007
Just so you all know, the version the guy in the teaser is talking about is the version Justin performs. He chooses to do it that way, and you don't have to do it that way. You can do it with the coin bigger than the neck if you want. Like Nick Verna says, there are many possibilities.

Just so you all know, the version the guy in the teaser is talking about is the version Justin performs. He chooses to do it that way, and you don't have to do it that way. You can do it with the coin bigger than the neck if you want. Like Nick Verna says, there are many possibilities.
Exactly. If you think you know something after watching the guy's description of the trick in the teaser, you don't know a thing. In the trailer, Justin and Matt (the creator) do not perform it like it was described in the teaser. Justin just chose to perform it that way.

Sep 1, 2007
and guess what...I think he just explain the whole trick right there...
I know the method...already...

I'm routinely stunned by the arrogance of the magic community.

Whats this crap of telling a spectator the name of the effect and that its coming on DVD?! Is ellusionist the magical QVC now or what?

Don't be such a drama queen. I have at least two personal stories of people whom I inspired to take up magic themselves. And guess what?

I told them where they could buy stuff! When should I expect all of you with your torches, pitchforks, and nooses?

If nothing else, this does prove that Ellusionist know how to get people's attention. Positive or negative reaction, none of you can wait to tell everyone all about what you think of it.

Speaking of which, I may or may not get this. I'm still practicing Sean Fields' Aquatic, which I like. There are a few other things higher on my list of priorities than more CIB routines. I'm actually more interested in finally getting the Loops DVD set. I really don't have the money to go out and buy every new product I come across. I still haven't bought a single Theory 11 effect, simply because none of them are burning up my priorities list.

Sep 28, 2007
Sean Field's Aquatic was another CIB released after the mention of Factory Sealed...WAAY after.

Aquatic requires a gimmick and difficult to perform anyway.

As TheGuy posted before in another thread, its conditions are not nearly as impossible as Nick Verna's Factory Sealed..not even close.

Plus, Nick actually has the coin REALLY pressing against the full bottle of factory sealed water, then slowly infuses the coin through the bottle's solid material as you watch the coin enter gradually and amazingly move through the bottle while the bottle stays upright as he comes off the bottle completley clean with absolutely no funny moves...finger by finger. It's insane...an absolute hydro feast for the eyes!

Read the other posts from magicans like Silvio Solaris and Mason Roberts who've seen it also.
They are dead on accurate. It looks amamzing!

The thing is, It's just ONE of many of his ways to melt the coin in slowly and visually.
People say he can melt it through with one finger or completely open.

Factory Sealed's penetration alone is in an original effect. Through an unopened bottle, just takes it it to the miraculous level.

But, Hey this is about BULLET.
Bullet seems like it contains some secret workings.
The whole signed coin is pretty intriguing.

Plus you can borrow everything...Pretty Wild sounding.
I would love to hear some reviews.

I'm routinely stunned by the arrogance of the magic community.

Don't be such a drama queen. I have at least two personal stories of people whom I inspired to take up magic themselves. And guess what?

I told them where they could buy stuff! When should I expect all of you with your torches, pitchforks, and nooses?

If nothing else, this does prove that Ellusionist know how to get people's attention. Positive or negative reaction, none of you can wait to tell everyone all about what you think of it.

Speaking of which, I may or may not get this. I'm still practicing Sean Fields' Aquatic, which I like. There are a few other things higher on my list of priorities than more CIB routines. I'm actually more interested in finally getting the Loops DVD set. I really don't have the money to go out and buy every new product I come across. I still haven't bought a single Theory 11 effect, simply because none of them are burning up my priorities list.

The Drama-queen comment was uncalled for, but I see your point.

I have told people about my local brick-morter shop and that they could learn stuff there. What I have an issue with is telling people it will be taught on a DVD which takes some of the magic away in my opinion. The guy was still FLOORED but it was reduced to a trick... thats a performance flaw just in my opinion...

But using that and turning a spectator into a QVC host screaming "Get BULLET!!!" instead of relying on pure reaction to show the power of the effect just seems wrong to me. It is just my opinion though.

Like 'em or not E knows how to stir the pot for a release and sell the crap out of a new DVD. They could honestly sell flash paper to satan, I really believe that.

Sharp

I'm slightly confused about which is which... They're both CIB routines, what's the difference? lol.

No offense, but it was pretty obvious Ellusionist paid those people to tell others to buy the DVD. Nothing bad, but just sort of strange.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, Ellusionist would have to explain why they were shoving the cameras in the guy's face. He would have to know if he was going to be in a DVD.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
Info

Here is a post I found...

Brad already cleared this up in the Factory-Sealed Teaser thread: They tell them that they're shooting an instructional dvd, and naturally he would have asked about it and they would have told him the name of the effect probably. His "promoting" was just his natural reaction to the effect. Think back to when you were just a spectator. If a camera crew came up to you and told you about this dvd and showed you the effect like that, wouldn't you be excited like he was? And last but not least, there isn't anything wrong with emphasizing the product by filming his reaction to promote it to us. This is a business. It's a great business with professionals who care about magic and care about customers, but it's a business none the less. I hope this post was useful in some way to people.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
more info

From Brad Christian himself...

...amazingly, I can absolutely promise you that we did nothing to put words in their mouth. It can happen, and did.

Not always, but often we do tell people we are filming a training DVD to help magicians learn... this lets them relax and feel better about being on camera. But when they start ranting about the DVD, or mentioning it after filming, that's all them.

From Justin Miller..oh, wait I AM Justin Miller!

Some of you guys are way off!
Nobody paid anyone to say anything. What you witnessed (your welcome Lee)
was pure, no prodding, no coercing , solid reactions to 2 GREAT tricks! Plain and simple. The guy who said " Buy it yea gonna teach you some tricks..I'm telling yo yea" was his OWN idea not ours. We asked him to look into the camera and tell what he JUST SAW he did that and then he went off on a total rant about how you need to get this trick, and he said that because like Brad said we don't just go up to people and say "hey watch some magic" we let them know what we are doing (if they do not ask..normally they asked first) then we told them we are shooting a training DVD for MAGICIANS not public joe schmoe. That is why he said everything and that is why ANYONE says anything.
So to set the record straight...

They were NEVER paid anything!
They are REAL people on the STREETS that had never met me before!
They are REAL reactions!
And in NO WAY did myself or E MAKE them say anything!

Hope that cleared some things up.

I think the BIGGEST mistake any of us made in the front end of these projects is let the cat out of the bag about them and the still pictures that went up on the E site..that was the start of the CIB craze.

Now if you will excuse me I need to go Cloak some things.
Justin N. Miller

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results