BURN by D+M :: REVIEW

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Price: abut 20$
Type: pdf

"Burn is a 44 page book that explores ideas of the performer physically affecting playing cards in many different ways through the medium of heat/fire/voodoo... for example, the magician causes an image of a spectators chosen card to appear burnt onto another playing card at his will and command..."

about the gaffs:
this is accomplished by the use of gaffed cards ,all of which are super easy to make(though they may take some time) and their construction requires objects that u will already have in your house, i guarantee that. Daniel goes into details about the construction of the gaffs and leaves no questions unanswered.
The e-book has also many pictures so that u can see if you have done sth wrong.

The effects:
The effects are basically categorized (the way i see it)into: (visual) card revelations,card vanishes and reappearances(also very visual) and affecting cards into different ways using fire ( for example causing a hole to appear on a selected playing card).
Everyone will find something he will use in this book but of most importance is the fact that after reading it , YOU will be able to create your own effects .That's right ,as Daniel sais ENDLESS POSSIBILTIES .....

Difficulty:
Basically the effects' difficulty varies. Some effects are for intermediate magicians and some for beginners , though none of them (in my opinion ) requires somebody to be advanced.Oh i almost forgot the best part. The sleights that are used are explained in the first pages of the book (and in great detail) which is something i really enjoyed and you can incorporate those sleights into the routines/tricks you already know or even create your own based on them.

Overall:
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!i loved (almost)every single effect in this book and ....well.....I have become a BURN addict. i simply cannot resist performing these effects.

Are you willing to spend some time on creating some gaffs to accomplish great effects? Do you like the idea of combining fire with cards? THEN THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU .

Overall:9.999/10 for me

P.S Daniel has never let me down with his work , in my performances i perform his effects mostly .

George

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
England
I seriously need to get my hands on this I've been meaning to for around 2 weeks and just haven't. :(

I love the sound of some of the effects - in the smoke, remains and no smoke sound hot :p

Sweet review mate, I'll hurry up and get this now :)

-S

Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
Price: abut 20$
Type: pdf

"Burn is a 44 page book that explores ideas of the performer physically affecting playing cards in many different ways through the medium of heat/fire/voodoo... for example, the magician causes an image of a spectators chosen card to appear burnt onto another playing card at his will and command..."

about the gaffs:
this is accomplished by the use of gaffedcards ,all of which are super easy to (though they may take some time) and their construction requires objects that u will already have in your house, i guarantee that. Daniel goes into details about the construction of the gaffs and leaves no questions unanswered.
The e-book has also many pictures so that u can see if you have done sth wrong.

The effects:
The effects are basically categorized (the way i see it)into:(visual) card revelations,card vanishes and reappearances(also very visual) and affecting cards into different ways using fire ( for example causing a hoe to appear on a selected playing card).
Everyone will find something he will use in this book but of most importance is the fact that after reading it , YOU will be able to crate your own effects .That's right ,as Daniel sais ENDLESS POSSIBILTIES .....

Difficulty:
Basically the effects' difficulty varies. Some effects are for intermediate magicians and some for beginners , though none of them (in my opinion ) requires somebody to be advanced.Oh i almost forgot the best part. The sleights that are used are explained in the first pages of the book (and in great detail) which is something i really enjoyed and you can incorporate those sleights into the routines/tricks you already know or even create your own based on them.

Overall:
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!i loved (almost)every single effect in this book and ....well.....I have become a BURN addict. i simply cannot resist performing these effects.

Are you willing to spend some time on creating some gaffs to accomplish great effects? Do you like the idea of combining fire with cards? THEN THIS IS BOOK FOR YOU .

Overall:9.999/10 for me

P.S Daniel has never let me down with his work , in my performances i perform his effects mostly (and some Wayne Houchin's effects).

George

Cool ...

I need a review like so: good and that responds to all my questions
Thanks

Jot@

P.S.: Can you say what the sleights that d+M teaches ???

May 18, 2008
It was an OK review. Very hard to read though because of all the spelling and capitalization errors.

And before someone tells me, "THIS IS T11, NOT SCHOOL" let me say this. If you are going to try and make someone want a product, tell them about it in a way they can understand and that is asthetically pleasing.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Cool ...

I need a review like so: good and that responds to all my questions
Thanks

Jot@

P.S.: Can you say what the sleights that d+M teaches ???

He teaches the gambler's cop and the slip force.

popchris3 said:
It was an OK review. Very hard to read though because of all the spelling and capitalization errors.

And before someone tells me, "THIS IS T11, NOT SCHOOL" let me say this. If you are going to try and make someone want a product, tell them about it in a way they can understand and that is asthetically pleasing.

i am really sorry for all the errors but i am Greek and i had defective keyboard when writing the review. i will try and edit the mistakes right now.

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee

"...and that is *aesthetically* pleasing."

May 4, 2008
NYC
nice review
for the people who do not have it already, GET IT
IT IS AMAZING
I had like a burst of ideas that ran through my head when i learned the method.
I think I'm gonna use the ultrasmoke2000 to enhance my performances :D

Last edited by a moderator:
May 18, 2008
He teaches the gambler's cop and the slip force.

popchris3 said:

i am really sorry for all the errors but i am Greek and i had defective keyboard when writing the review. i will try and edit the mistakes right now.

I'm sorry. I understand. There are just too many people out there who are just to lazy (not you) to do anything. But since you are greek and your keyboard is defective, I take back what I said.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results