By Forces Unseen

Mar 4, 2008
i got the book yesterday and read through it and was like ooo man this is nuts.
i realy cant choose an effect to learn first, what gets you the best reactions and isnt crazy crazy hard. Also for the claptrap I still cant understand how the slections get from the back to the sides (sry trying not to reveal) like its hard to understand. also by 4th finger break is he saying pinky? thx in advance

Sep 1, 2007
i got the book yesterday and read through it and was like ooo man this is nuts.
i realy cant choose an effect to learn first, what gets you the best reactions and isnt crazy crazy hard. Also for the claptrap I still cant understand how the slections get from the back to the sides (sry trying not to reveal) like its hard to understand. also by 4th finger break is he saying pinky? thx in advance

The claptrap is a great way to start. His Ace Assembly is pretty awesome too (I believe it is called lonely at the top).

To answer your other question, yes, fourth finger break is the pinky break. In many magic books they use that terminology, think about it as your thumb not counting, and starting from the index the fingers are numbered one through four. When they say first finger it is the index, second the middle, third the ring, fourth the pinky.

Enjoy,

Lacho

Mar 29, 2008
This video on Youtube will help you see what the audiences should see and should help you put it together. I don't know what your venues are, but I have the book...and don't use any of it....but then again, I am a minimalist. I believe magic should look moveless...even when the most difficult of sleights are employed...this book is full of fun stuff to play with...but I am unsure how practical it is for the working close up magician.

Regardless, it is a worthwhile read - here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0wxinoS4eI

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hmm, JackSyna(ps)ces is a relatively fun one to do. There's an easier way to do the actual 'transposition' bit though as seen in the video.

I highly recommend checking that one out, it's one of the simplest in the book. (Other than the self working poker deal ;) )

Have fun with it! And persevere, it's a fantastic book. :)

- Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
The book is incredible. At a glance, you wouldn't even believe half the stuff is possible. But it is, and it's incredible! Definitely highlights are ClapTrap, Jacksyna(ps)ces, Lonely at the Top, House Guest, and One in a Crowd.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results