Call me a cynic, but...

Sep 1, 2007
Theory11 will do just fine. It won't turn out anything like Ellusionist because these people actually care. on E almost every thread gets into an argument because of how up-tight it is over there. Can't say this, can't use "lol" and such. It's sort of rediculous. Everyone has to be fake and corny with their responses. That's what's always bothered me about it anyways.

I'm already liking the way T11 is turning out.

Theory is an idea, an idea of collaboration among the best to bring the art to a new level. The idea of quality over quantity and bringing the community together instead of segmenting it into seperate niche clubs. Theory 11 itself may not seem that amazing, it's the ideas that will drive it into the future that make it different.

I could not say it better myself. The goal or Mission Statement for T11 is simple. Let's get all of the best Magicians working together in one community.

I understand that not all magicians will be presenting their material here, but the objective is to be unified.

Many sites out there are producing effects that are not practical to perform or are not as good as the demo makes them out to be. They sell them cheap to get your money but they don't truly have the passion for making our world a better place.

T11 is trying to do just that. Quality over Quantity. Let's not produce junk for the sake of making a dollar, but let's have the best minds in magic working together to create jaw dropping effects that can make Magic more exciting.

I believe in what they are doing.

- Proximo

Play nice now UHG.

Yes you are master of internet. But I still believe they working on hiding this place.

And if they dont. Oh well. Its run by some pretty Good names. Awesome people. And it seems a bit friendlier then E.

I never said this place wasn't awesome, or run my morons. I was just saying that it's false to believe that they are going out of their way to stay underground. They are a business, how can they stay in business if no one can find them? The point of this site is to bring people together, not keep them apart.

Theory11 will do just fine. It won't turn out anything like Ellusionist because these people actually care. on E almost every thread gets into an argument because of how up-tight it is over there. Can't say this, can't use "lol" and such. It's sort of rediculous. Everyone has to be fake and corny with their responses. That's what's always bothered me about it anyways.

I'm already liking the way T11 is turning out.

I definitely am enjoying the laid back style, probably a little too much. It'll probably get a little tighter as moderators are brought in to keep the duplicated threads under control. But I like not having to think up an essay, or look up words in the dictionary just so I don't sound "too casual"

Sep 1, 2007
NJ, USA
saadmalik.com
People are already abbreviating my name, I feel right at home :p

One line to prove my point:
meta name="robots" content="index, follow"

If they wanted to stay out of Google, they'd block the spider. Game. Set. Match.

Your right.
XD

I hadn't checked out the source code at all. I was depending upon what the Theory 11 guys have been saying.

Ehh, let's see how the site rolls out. Keep in mind, it's coming from top notch magicians - very clever people.

But then again, Google is Google.
:p

Sep 1, 2007
NJ, USA
saadmalik.com
I definitely am enjoying the laid back style, probably a little too much. It'll probably get a little tighter as moderators are brought in to keep the duplicated threads under control. But I like not having to think up an essay, or look up words in the dictionary just so I don't sound "too casual"

I hope it doesn't get too strict or anything either. I also enjoy the laid back style that's been used at decknique and the DnD forums.

Your right.
XD

I hadn't checked out the source code at all. I was depending upon what the Theory 11 guys have been saying.

Ehh, let's see how the site rolls out. Keep in mind, it's coming from top notch magicians - very clever people.

But then again, Google is Google.
:p

You have to look between the lines with these magic folks, magicians are always misdirecting you ;) I believe T11 has good intent, but it is a business so it needs to be open or it won't make any money. While it needs to sell products to be profitable, they aren't going out of their way to market sub par products or using shady marketing techniques to get people to buy magic. I'm one of those people that think magic is being harmed by its exclusivity, I guess my kind are rare, but I think what T11 is doing will help the magic community by giving it a place to gather, where there hasn't really been a place until now.

I hope it doesn't get too strict or anything either. I also enjoy the laid back style that's been used at decknique and the DnD forums.

I was shocked when I was at the D&D forums the first time, people even dropped the F-bomb and it was ok, totally different experience than E.

Aug 31, 2007
People are already abbreviating my name, I feel right at home :p

One line to prove my point:
meta name="robots" content="index, follow"

If they wanted to stay out of Google, they'd block the spider. Game. Set. Match.

UHG, you obviously talk too much, or just to hear yourself talk or
something. Not even 24 hours have passed and you have over 100 posts.
T11 should give you some kind of prize.

UHG, you obviously talk too much, or just to hear yourself talk or
something. Not even 24 hours have passed and you have over 100 posts.
T11 should give you some kind of prize.

The person that has put off work to talk excessively on a Magic Forum Award? Dammit it's 3am, I'm going to so regret this tomorrow :p

Sep 1, 2007
Call me a cynic, but I'm more than a little disappointed to see that what should be a bright and promising community is already being populated and infested with kvlt kiddie syndrome.

"Theory 11 is SOOOOO underground! Ellusionist better be shaking in their boots! This stuff will never get on YouTube because we'll never share!"

If this is the future of the magic community, we're all in trouble.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Hey fellas,

I think it's important for everyone to understand that the only way for this art form to grow and evolve is by pushing the magic community forward. Trust, we're headed in the right direction. Without growth, magic is stagnant. That means limitations when it comes to new effects, new ideas, new creators, and new performers.

I think that's the last thing we all want. We are building a strong community here and, with time, it will only continue to grow, evolve, and strengthen. It's only been 14 hours and I already feel like we've started an ever-expanding family here... minus Aunt Beth and her weird cabbage dish, which no one touches at Thanksgiving. But you feel bad, so you might have a little. Nah, you'll pass.

Anyway, keep on posting. But, more importantly, keep on creating. Keep on performing. See you around!

Sep 1, 2007
Call me a cynic, but I'm more than a little disappointed to see that what should be a bright and promising community is already being populated and infested with kvlt kiddie syndrome.

"Theory 11 is SOOOOO underground! Ellusionist better be shaking in their boots! This stuff will never get on YouTube because we'll never share!"

If this is the future of the magic community, we're all in trouble.

As opposed to E, who has fanboys cross over to the rival site to insult it...

Sep 1, 2007
That was profound, ElisG. Sorry about that bickering we had on that one site with the eye liner and what not. -- It's Mr Magic

Sep 1, 2007
As opposed to E, who has fanboys cross over to the rival site to insult it...

I dislike E fanboys too. What gave you the dellusion that I was defending them? It's like certain bands I listen to: I love their work, but I hate their fans.

My problem is that I'm seeing a disturbing number of people around here who are so obsessed with wanting to be secretive and "underground" that they threaten to cut new blood out from entering the community.

Kvlt kiddie syndrome is infinitely more dangerous to the magic community than YouTube could ever hope to be. And to be perfectly frank, I have a feeling the administrators are uncomfortable with this trend as well.

Theory 11 claim they're here to unify magic. I have seen only a handful of people here so far who have any intention of doing any such thing and it bothers me. Are we as magicians really that immature and selfish that we want it all to ourselves and don't think at all of the next generation?

I dislike E fanboys too. What gave you the dellusion that I was defending them? It's like certain bands I listen to: I love their work, but I hate their fans.

My problem is that I'm seeing a disturbing number of people around here who are so obsessed with wanting to be secretive and "underground" that they threaten to cut new blood out from entering the community.

Kvlt kiddie syndrome is infinitely more dangerous to the magic community than YouTube could ever hope to be. And to be perfectly frank, I have a feeling the administrators are uncomfortable with this trend as well.

Theory 11 claim they're here to unify magic. I have seen only a handful of people here so far who have any intention of doing any such thing and it bothers me. Are we as magicians really that immature and selfish that we want it all to ourselves and don't think at all of the next generation?

I keep trying to tell them but they wont listen to me, perhaps we should team together like Megazord or something.

Sep 1, 2007
I keep trying to tell them but they wont listen to me, perhaps we should team together like Megazord or something.

Perhaps we should.

Wherever there is stupidity, we'll be there! ...beating it down like a crying child in a department store.

Believe me, I'd like to see Theory 11 succeed. And since they seem to be dealing heavily in exclusive products, I don't see this necessitating any sort of rivalry. But this forum community needs a good kick in the head.

Sep 1, 2007

Believe me, I'd like to see Theory 11 succeed. And since they seem to be dealing heavily in exclusive products, I don't see this necessitating any sort of rivalry. But this forum community needs a good kick in the head.

I agree. The founders here seem to have good intentions, but the people they've attracted seem a bit confused about that goal.

Many of the posts here illustrate immaturity in the community and I think that is what will hold it back from succeeding.

Sep 1, 2007
I agree. The founders here seem to have good intentions, but the people they've attracted seem a bit confused about that goal.

Many of the posts here illustrate immaturity in the community and I think that is what will hold it back from succeeding.

Thank you. Every post like this that I see makes me feel better. I'm hoping this wave of ignorance and banality we're experiencing in these early hours is only temporary.

I'm sure the owners behind T11 have good intentions, and I'm sure they're not trying to foster any childish rivalries. I'm just surprised it's taking so many other people so long to figure it out.

Sep 1, 2007
Thank you. Every post like this that I see makes me feel better. I'm hoping this wave of ignorance and banality we're experiencing in these early hours is only temporary.

I'm sure the owners behind T11 have good intentions, and I'm sure they're not trying to foster any childish rivalries. I'm just surprised it's taking so many other people so long to figure it out.

Someone needs to sticky the latest video on whatistheory11.com

The one that tells you what there all about. I think a lot of people did not see that video and thats why they don't know whats going on.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results