Cameramen

Jun 1, 2009
When picking out a camera man, do you guys choose someone who has experience in magic so they know about the angles of certain tricks? Because if not, dont you run the risk of a trick being totally exposed if he/she gets on the wrong side and totally sees how its done? Thats seems like a big risk to run, whereas somewith magic experience under their belt would be less likely to get a bad angle and get the spot where the effect is most powerful and the audiences reactions.
Share any thoughts or comments.

Your boy, Fez

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
When picking out a camera man, do you guys choose someone who has experience in magic so they know about the angles of certain tricks? Because if not, dont you run the risk of a trick being totally exposed if he/she gets on the wrong side and totally sees how its done? Thats seems like a big risk to run, whereas somewith magic experience under their belt would be less likely to get a bad angle and get the spot where the effect is most powerful and the audiences reactions.
Share any thoughts or comments.

Your boy, Fez

Since I have no friends who are actual experienced camera men but want to help me film,I make them watch professional magic videos "cyril,David Blaine,news street interviews,etc" so they get the idea of how to film outside and get the best angles possible. And of course if a method or sleight is exposed I simply dont use that footage. But its rare it happens.

May 31, 2008
It's interesting that you bring this up, as I was just thinking of this after watching a magic video of mine. I have to friends that film for me. One is a fellow magician who loves to film street magic, yet can't frame a shot to save his life. The other enjoys magic, but only to a certain level. However he loves filming and getting the right angles. The guy who loves to make film and I are going to the boardwalk next week. We're going to get so much footage!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results