Can't stop watching.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I think that the guy was a little confused on what to do, and as performers we of course have to take the blame for not explaining directions well enough.
It happens from time to time, especially with beginner magicians.
Most of the time, they're rushing through the whole trick to get to the ending, but during the performance their spectator doesn't know what to do because the performer spoke to fast or wasn't clear enough on directions.

And this doesn't just go with beginners, as you can see in the vid,
but I feel directions are very important and that we should be practicing giving them just as much as practicing the trick itself.

Also, you need to pick out people you know will follow directions. (get to know your audience during a performance)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I think that the guy was a little confused on what to do, and as performers we of course have to take the blame for not explaining directions well enough.
It happens from time to time, especially with beginner magicians.
Most of the time, they're rushing through the whole trick to get to the ending, but during the performance their spectator doesn't know what to do because the performer spoke to fast or wasn't clear enough on directions.

And this doesn't just go with beginners, as you can see in the vid,
but I feel directions are very important and that we should be practicing giving them just as much as practicing the trick itself.

Also, you need to pick out people you know will follow directions. (get to know your audience during a performance)

Yes, but I think that in this case the performee was the one who's fault it was. I think he might have been a little torubled by something else - because the instructions were crystal clear.

Jun 24, 2008
United States
hmm im not sure it may have been a little bit of both. Blaine did go through the directions kind of fast, it took me a second to figure out what he was suppose to do. But it happens...

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Yes, but I think that in this case the performee was the one who's fault it was. I think he might have been a little torubled by something else - because the instructions were crystal clear.

I wasn't saying it only for this performance, I was saying it in general.

From this performance, I picked up that the spec didn't know what to do.
So I explained some conclusions of why this happens sometimes.

In threads like these, we have to see beyond the video. Otherwise we'd all be saying the same thing, and really, how far would that go?
Would the thread be magic related? Yeah.
But would the thread be useful? No.

I'm just trying to make this thread a little useful.
Cheers!

Feb 12, 2008
The psychological force is strong with this one.
(See what I did there?)

I picked 37. Blew my mind.

Even though the spec was a little slow, Blaine is still a genius.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I wasn't saying it only for this performance, I was saying it in general.

From this performance, I picked up that the spec didn't know what to do.
So I explained some conclusions of why this happens sometimes.

In threads like these, we have to see beyond the video. Otherwise we'd all be saying the same thing, and really, how far would that go?
Would the thread be magic related? Yeah.
But would the thread be useful? No.

I'm just trying to make this thread a little useful.
Cheers!

Hey man, I'm sorry if I came off as a little rude, didn't mean it.

D

Deleted member 2755

How people can get joy out of people's mess ups in magic is beyond me.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results