Card Control [trick]

Nov 12, 2008
Hey people,
A card effect that I came up with and have been playing around with for a couple of years. It is one of a few tricks in my series called midget magic. This involves no gimmicks of any kind, and just normal decks of cards. It can be performed live and with ease. It is very simple and involves minimal sleight of hand.

No I will not reveal.

Comment and Rate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1MNvU6yrhc

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I like it dude. Great idea. I also like how you would make a spectator think they are being let in on the trick. I love sucker effects. Have you performed this yet? What were the reactions like?
Good job. Still kinda unsure about the method. lol

Nov 12, 2008
Card Contro [trick]

Hey card clip, I have performed this live and they went absolutely berserk. The reactions you get are like nothing I have experienced before. If many people expressed interest in this effect, I might put 4 more effects out like this and make it into a mini-downloadable thingy with the methods and stuff.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I posted this on youtube as well.
That was very nicely performed. Only discrepancy was when the card was selected and signed. That looked a little fishy - maybe use a double to have it signed? Apart from that this was very nice, didn't catch any slights or suspect moves.

Well done, it looked like a very good job. Good work.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hey card clip, I have performed this live and they went absolutely berserk. The reactions you get are like nothing I have experienced before. If many people expressed interest in this effect, I might put 4 more effects out like this and make it into a mini-downloadable thingy with the methods and stuff.

Sounds great... Count me in ;)

Cheers

Nov 12, 2008
Thanks for all of your support. Before I consider doing any of this, I am submitting the trick at papercranemagic. They seem to be interested and are asking for my method. I hope it all goes good. Anyway thanks guys.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Thanks for all of your support. Before I consider doing any of this, I am submitting the trick at papercranemagic. They seem to be interested and are asking for my method. I hope it all goes good. Anyway thanks guys.

Cool!! Can't wait! and great job on the routine.

Nov 12, 2008
This is not completely impromptu because of course it needs 2 decks. But I have developed an alternate method the can be performed when somebody hands you a deck and says "do that trick."

Sep 1, 2007
I personally think that was horrible. Here's why...

That force used in the beginning was horrible!

The move where you apparently outjog the selection looks horrible!

You then slide the card to the side some and proceed to handle the deck suspisiously for about ten seconds(00:30 - 00:40) for no apparent reason at all. Then you remove the card! Why move it to the side first if you are just going to remove it?

You then perform some needless and sloppy flourishes. Then you add the card back to the deck and apparently mix it up. Why did you even bother removing the card?

However, the appearance of the card for the ending was nice. I think this effect is a good idea, a good premise. However, both the handling and presentation need A LOT of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2008
I can, but I don't want to. I am going to keep playing around with this until it is perfect. I released Hidden a couple of months ago, but it still needed much work, so I am not going to make the same mistake again.

Nov 12, 2008
I checked it out and I felt that the video was too hard to follow, so I sent a Pm to Sean about it, so everything should be okay. I am sure, my method is much different, since it involves no palming or duplicates/gimmicks, etc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results