Card Stab

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Ok. I've been really inspired by Switchblade... Anyone know a good card stab that even compares to that one? Is Switchblade even for sale? I'm not really interested in a card stab where all the cards are scattered on the table and you pull out a knife... Everyone's seen that one, considering both Angel and Blaine did their variations on it...

Better yet, I'm looking for something that's as unexpected as Switchblade, because I didn't even see that one coming...

Any suggestions?

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I've watched the switchblade video enough that I'm pretty sure I know how it's done, but I don't know if anyone's ever marketed the effect. I wouldn't even say it's really an effect... the way I'd duplicate the trick, it's just a couple of basic sleights, and people would feel ripped off.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
SwitchBlade is not for sale, a similar effect is this... http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=5446

It's a little expensive, but I'm not to sure if it is really worth it.

Ha ha... I saw that one after Googleing (Googleing? Googling? Is that even a word?) "Card Sword" because someone mentioned that it was a variation of Card Sword...
Walking around in public with a giant Samurai sword isn't really my style... Now that I think about it, if it was my style, I'd probably get arrested....

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Switchblade appears based on the video to come from the card sword principle. Now how he pulled it off is his own affair and I am sure a closely guarded secret that up to this point hasn't been exposed or released. I am not going to guess at his method because it could be entirely different than the card sword altogether.

If you are looking for something that achieves a similar effect you can find it in John Kennedy's Mid Air Card Stab courtesy of Denny's Magic:

http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=detail&client=12745905&item=006135

There are also the higher priced versions that might be a bit more grand than Kennedy's:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1122

The Lipan sword from a bit of cursory research appears to be one of the highly recommended versions.

Or you could just wait and hope Reza releases his method for public consumption =)

--Jim

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Ha ha... I saw that one after Googleing (Googleing? Googling? Is that even a word?) "Card Sword" because someone mentioned that it was a variation of Card Sword...
Walking around in public with a giant Samurai sword isn't really my style... Now that I think about it, if it was my style, I'd probably get arrested....

You can use any knife. The sword is more for just stage.

Sep 1, 2007
Andrew Mayne has a bare-fisted card stab called Finger of Death on his DVD Maynia.

You have someone mark a card and lose it in the neck. You then spring the cards out while they shout out the name of their card and you tsab your finger straight through the center of the card in mid-air.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Look into "Assassin Gimmick."

It can be done with any sword, knife, etc. Kind of pricey at $350, though...

But, you should be able to achieve the same effect with it.

-ThrallMind

*edit*

Just realized someone posted a direct link to it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results