Card Storm 2010!

What's happening? Me and some other magicians on Youtube are making this montage called Card Storm 2010. All you need to do to participate in it is send a clip of you doing to color change, flourish, or short trick to my email. CLICK HERE for my email.

For more information and guidelines for the videos watch the official video. CLICK HERE for the video.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or are interested in participating, please reply!

Thanks!

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I was excited when I first saw this. I thought, "Oh, a montage I can finally be a part of!" Then I visited their web site, where they proudly declare that they "perform/reveal" magic. On their YouTube, they do indeed, including Invisible Reverse by Chris Kenner and Mercury Aces by David Kong, both of which are published effects. So I would discourage you from participating, due to the sole reason of exposure, willy-nilly.

Ian

Apr 24, 2010
Shoot! When i saw card storm I imagined millions of playing cards falling from the sky like rain. WHY CANT THE WORLD BE AWESOME LIKE THAT?

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
What's happening? Me and some other magicians on Youtube are making this montage called Card Storm 2010. All you need to do to participate in it is send a clip of you doing to color change, flourish, or short trick to my email. CLICK HERE for my email.

For more information and guidelines for the videos watch the official video. CLICK HERE for the video.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or are interested in participating, please reply!

Thanks!

This sounds like a lovely idea but it also sounds like you have also lost some valuable support by having no real ethical values. Try reading the Ethics thread. Also I have to ask - is there something wrong with your face? If not, then why did you not train the camera on your face? That just seems silly.

Sorry and stuff but I just can't get excited about this. I respect the ambition that you are putting into this, but at the end of the day you're just going to end up with another magic video kicking about youtube, unless I have got the wrong idea...

Apr 6, 2010
I really wouldnt be surprised if this is linkedi n some way to that stupid "The Organisation" thing. They both have the same poor ethics and childish, unproffesional values.

I was excited when I first saw this. I thought, "Oh, a montage I can finally be a part of!" Then I visited their web site, where they proudly declare that they "perform/reveal" magic. On their YouTube, they do indeed, including Invisible Reverse by Chris Kenner and Mercury Aces by David Kong, both of which are published effects. So I would discourage you from participating, due to the sole reason of exposure, willy-nilly.

Ian

Whilst i obviously don't agree with exposure, can i be the first to point out something that bugs me. 'Invisible Reverse' is not Chris Kenners trick. It's pretty much a public domain effect. It's in Mark Wilsons Complete course, I'm pretty sure it's in RRTCM, in fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen it on Youtube taught by Mark Wilson! I myself learnt this trick for a '30 Amazing Card Tricks' book got from a supermarket about 10 years ago! Exposing the Invisible reverse is no worse than exposing, say, the french drop (not to take anything away from the effect of course, it's a brilliant trick and my usual opener).

Just because it's on Theory 11 doesn't mean they own it! Some of the stuff they sell are age old secrets you can find in many 'public' magic books.

Just thought Id point that out. Obviously though, exposing Mercury Aces? really bad form dude. Good like getting any half decent magicians to take part in your video!!

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results