Cardists/Flourishers - Are you also deck collectors?

Do you collect cards?

• Total voters
Dec 30, 2007
It seems as if a lot of cardists/flourishers have a strange fascination with rare or otherwise collectible decks. Is this true of you? If so, how many/what kinds of rare decks do you have and what do you want?

Aug 31, 2007
UK
I could honestly care less about collecting decks, I currently have 0 unopened as decks are to be used.

Apr 28, 2008
Isn't it, "couldN'T care less"?
Just a thought.
PS, yeah I've got a couple, but no more than five.

I've noticed that as well, 'could care less' implies you actually do care to some extent.
As for deck collecting, it doesn't interest me at all.

Dec 30, 2007
I have the Black Ghost pack- I'm now debating whether to film me annihiliating it and putting on Youtube and the Ellusionist forums or to actually use them.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
i don't know what to put....

I kind of like collecting cards, but I don't want to pay over 10$ for a single deck of cards :D

Like I won that one wynn deck signed by Lee Asher which I'm going to try to get it signed by other famous magicians.... and I have a regular ghost deck which I'm using to get signed by personal celebrities ...

So... there

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I've noticed that as well, 'could care less' implies you actually do care to some extent.
As for deck collecting, it doesn't interest me at all.

I believe you all noticed that due to me pointing it out when Shane Black made the mistake of saying... typing that. So yeah... you're welcome. :D

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
I really want to know who voted 24+, I thought I set voters to public...

I dont know who did the first one, but I just did it. I have several hundred decks of cards, but I also use all of them. Having a few extra Jerrys, Tahoes, or whatever is fine, but they do me no good sitting in a drawer.

If Im gonna pay good money for them, then Im going to use them.

Card prices have gone thru the roof over the last 4 or 5 years. I remember selling Jerrys for $40 bucks and thinking I was ripping the person off, while I sold one yesterday for $135.

I say just do whatever you want. Whatever makes you happy, I guess. I just dont think that a $100+ deck of cards should sit in a drawer somewhere when someone could be using them as they were meant to be used.

Apr 28, 2008
I believe you all noticed that due to me pointing it out when Shane Black made the mistake of saying... typing that. So yeah... you're welcome. :D

Sorry, I have absolutley no idea what you're talking about.:p I noticed it as most people in Britain will say 'couldn't care less' but many American's appear to say 'could care less'. Not that it really matters.

I don't think i'd ever buy a deck of cards I don't plan on using, if I bought a deck of Jerry's it would be to use them not to look at the box.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Sorry, I have absolutley no idea what you're talking about.:p I noticed it as most people in Britain will say 'couldn't care less' but many American's appear to say 'could care less'. Not that it really matters.

I correct people with it all the time- both online and in person. One of my friends got rather angry and told me to "f*ck off" after I corrected him. :eek:

Apr 28, 2008
I correct people with it all the time- both online and in person. One of my friends got rather angry and told me to "f*ck off" after I corrected him. :eek:

I have a habit of correcting people on stuff like that as well, they generally don't take it too well.

Sep 1, 2007
I like to collect decks because... what if they run out or there is a zombie outbreak and you can't buy new ones anymore? Plus I like fans and every deck seems to fan a little different so I want to try them all.

I havent counted lately but I think somewhere a little over 24 for my answer on the poll.

Jan 27, 2008
I like to collect decks because... what if they run out or there is a zombie outbreak and you can't buy new ones anymore? Plus I like fans and every deck seems to fan a little different so I want to try them all.

I havent counted lately but I think somewhere a little over 24 for my answer on the poll.
Haha holy... crow. You've got like at least 7 or 8 hundred decks trash. Btw, thanks a lot for the fragment X man. What's the third deck?

Wow trash. You may be called trash but you sure don't collect it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results