Cards by David Stone

Jan 11, 2008
france
this is by far the most difficult card routine i have ever come across.

I would like to get some advice for it for those who know of it from "The real secrets of magic"

Iam losing motivation for it beacause my hands are quite small

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
david stone is pretty cool
i have a soft spot for stage card effects
but the palming and the tenkai are very hand selective
they dont like small hands and those with windows
there is definitely a point there where a person is unsuited

Jan 11, 2008
france
david stone is pretty cool
i have a soft spot for stage card effects

i agree that this genre of card magic is refreshing. I find that the typical card tricks can not be overdone, unfortunately this seems that this is the only genre of magic people are doing nowadays.

which is why i must learn this effect :D

keep the advice coming for those who know this routine

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
man I have real secrets of magic, but I'm too lazy to watch it again and watch the trick again, whats the effect? cant remember xD

is this the one like red hot mama?

Jan 11, 2008
france
man I have real secrets of magic, but I'm too lazy to watch it again and watch the trick again, whats the effect? cant remember xD

is this the one like red hot mama?

the one where he produces decks of cards, makes htem vanish .etc basically pure sleight of hand

Dec 28, 2007
Finland

I respectfully disagree on the window part. I had huge windows, but after I started practising palming, those windows magically closed. Hand naturally adapts to holding a card in Classic Palm. But of course that doesn't help if your hands are so small that you absolutely can't palm.

Sep 1, 2007

Not true. I have small hands and windows between the fingers but I do stage card manipulation.

Usually people just use the small hands or similar things as an excuse. Anyone with enough determination and dicipline will be able to learn the manipultions. It takes a lot of effort and hundreds, even thousands, of painful hours of practising (yes, some moves hurt).

Just keep practising it, it's hard but you will get it if you keep working on it. It's not something that you will master in a week.

Jan 11, 2008
france
Not true. I have small hands and windows between the fingers but I do stage card manipulation.

Usually people just use the small hands or similar things as an excuse. Anyone with enough determination and dicipline will be able to learn the manipultions. It takes a lot of effort and hundreds, even thousands, of painful hours of practising (yes, some moves hurt).

Just keep practising it, it's hard but you will get it if you keep working on it. It's not something that you will master in a week.

about that, I am practicing this routine real hard and Iam improving, however like you mentioned some sleights hurt:eek:

does anyone have any tips on this? my main problem is my cuticles on my index, the cards rub against it and cause it to detach from my nail, which is now bleeding... I have had this problem countless times, wandering if iam the only one?

any ideas on how to avoid this ?

Sep 1, 2007
about that, I am practicing this routine real hard and Iam improving, however like you mentioned some sleights hurt:eek:

does anyone have any tips on this? my main problem is my cuticles on my index, the cards rub against it and cause it to detach from my nail, which is now bleeding... I have had this problem countless times, wandering if iam the only one?

any ideas on how to avoid this ?

Band-aid? Or just let it heal and then start again.

Sep 1, 2007
hi, are there any clips of this performance? I like the mcbride-style visual manipulation of cards, can I watch it without having to buy his explanatory DVD... I'm not needing to learn his routine but would be interested in seeing how he routines.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results