Chances to Perform

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Hello people. Good day. I was jus wondering, do all of you get to go out to perform daily? Or is it a rare chance until you do? If you get to perform, how long is your performing session?

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I work at a hotel during the morning shift so I perform everyday. Part of the reason I actually take this job is for the chance to perform so often while getting paid to do so. It use to bother the manager but now he realizes the guest are happier which ends up giving his hotel a better rating. I've performed twice this morning already and sometimes it's a short routine, sometimes it's a single effect. It really varies on the guest as to how much time they have and how busy I am with other things. I have broken out a few times and done a full routine but it doesn't get to happen nearly as often as I'd like... but then again work should come first :p

Sep 1, 2007
I perform several times a day.

I work a day job so I usually perform for about 10 mins out of my 15 min break.

Then, I have an hour lunch which I usually go out and grab a bite to eat at Burger King or something. I will show something to the people that work there usually and some of the patrons.

Then, I get another 15 min break which I usually perform during for another 10 mins.

Then, I go home and either relax the rest of the night...OR...go to one of my restaurant gigs and perform for a few more hours.

Feb 28, 2008
I usually do my ACR everyday to someone. I feel people I perform for are usually pressed for time here in Toronto so I like to do an ACR which is a safe amount of time.

Jul 14, 2008
I perform for every other week because you can never know when the effects will run out. (I am a high school student by the way). I perform for about 20 minutes.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I sort of do the hit-and-run type of magic you could say.
If im out in the street,mall,store,etc i walk to a group of people show them one or two effects and leave.Sometimes i forget to give them my name.haha

but i perform every other day at least 3 times.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm busy with exams right now so I don't have time to do much other than study. Normally though, if I feel like performing, I'll go out and perform on whim. Otherwise, I'll perform for friends, guests, etc whenever the opportunity arises. Sometimes often, sometimes little. Just as long as I don't exhaust every effect to friends over 2 days and then have nothing for a month lol

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Not nearly as much as i would like.

I don't like to "hit" people with magic, random people on streets and that sort of thing.

Today at school was a nice little session. Sloppy Triumph, Biddle Trick, 2 card monte all went down fabulously.

Usually parties, when people come round, need to find a job somewhere...

May 3, 2008
I perform a couple of times a week, mainly during train rides to and from school where I'd get bored, start to flourish and people stare at me. Other times friends would just come up to me all like "Yo show me something" and i show them a trick for about 2 minutes. I never do more than 2 or 3 tricks or eventually you'll run out of things to show. Basically I perform when people want me to show them something quick or when any situation comes up.

Sep 20, 2008
^ you should perform on your own terms. otherwise you're seen as an entertaining monkey.

I perform when i feel like it =D

Feb 26, 2008
Chicago
Well I'm a mentalist and the only way i can practice some tricks is with people. They don't work by themselves and people have different minds so i perform at least 30 minutes if not more a day with random people. To get perfect at those tricks.

Apr 15, 2008
If you talk about performing professionally, it's rather difficult to tell because the bookings don't come frequently. I get booked about 70 days a year, and I have to reject a lot of bookings because of school (I study music @ college in Sweden, and we frequently have to go to school in the evenings).

Otherwise, I perform when I feel like. People usually come up to me when I'm practising with a deck. The important thing isn't to "perform every day", but to perform when you feel like. That way you'll get the most out of your magic.

Sep 16, 2008
New York
I usually just practice in my lunchroom at school until someone comes by and says show me a trick. Then I gotta perform until they leave.

Nov 10, 2007
I try my hardest to get out at least twice a week and perform. As for th length it all depends how many people I scope out, and what mood I am in.
- Donald

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I perform a couple of times a week, mainly during train rides to and from school where I'd get bored, start to flourish and people stare at me. Other times friends would just come up to me all like "Yo show me something" and i show them a trick for about 2 minutes. I never do more than 2 or 3 tricks or eventually you'll run out of things to show. Basically I perform when people want me to show them something quick or when any situation comes up.

Train rides are brilliant, I love performing on trains..

May 3, 2008
^ you should perform on your own terms. otherwise you're seen as an entertaining monkey.

It's not like they're forcing me to perform. If they want to see something and I'm in the mood to try something out then I probably would. I would turn people down sometimes, but I wouldn't do it too often or else you'd lose credibility and they think you're all talk.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
I perform several times a day.

I work a day job so I usually perform for about 10 mins out of my 15 min break.

Then, I have an hour lunch which I usually go out and grab a bite to eat at Burger King or something. I will show something to the people that work there usually and some of the patrons.

Then, I get another 15 min break which I usually perform during for another 10 mins.

Then, I go home and either relax the rest of the night...OR...go to one of my restaurant gigs and perform for a few more hours.

Frickin hell thats rough man. Anyhow nice replies, seems im not the only one being obstructed to perform as much as i like. I wonder if the Theory11 artists are obstructed like this as well, whether they get to, or feel like performing for people on a daily bases.

I normally go out and perform on a Fridays, for at least 2 hours. A lot of the performances i do is i think what you call "Hit and run" style. I only perform to people who are stationary, and not moving, or too caught up in their own minds. "Friday's the Day" my friend says to me always. Other than that, i dont get any free time to perform during the rest of the week, due to work. I kinda wished i had a set place to stay and perform though, do you think that is a good idea?

How about for you Pro Performers, do you see the streets as as valuble as before you got Pro? (Pro as in higher experience in Performing - more challenging audiences, atmosphere, etc).

Oct 28, 2007

damn right that is what i do, so many people always ask me to do a trick and sometimes i do and sometimes i don't i don't like to be pressured into doing a trick because i feel preforming when i want to i give a better preformance.

but i do preform a few times every other day.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results