Chinese linking rings

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Really good job and a solid routine. I have a couple of thoughts and suggestions to make the routine smoother and more magical. Please note, I wouldn't make these suggestions if you didn't have a good routine that could be made better.

1. I'm not a big fan of having the rings around your neck. There is no justification for it and I think it looks out of place. I would use a side table.

2. Display of rings is well done.

3. I notice some tension in your left arm - let it relax.

4. The crash link seems out of place. Pace of routine is slow and gentle and the crash link is quick and violent. I would substitute a different link that is softer more in line with the pace. The link you want to use is called the pull through link.

5. The crash link should be on a three count - you tap three times and then link. It should be tap twice and link.

6. As you are doing the crash link, it looks like you are looking at a mirror or video monitor - if you are, you need to perform without that sort of instant feeback.

7. After the crash link, you need to spin the lower ring. I would also switch the positions of the rings and then spin the lower ring again.

8. The unlinking sequence is the weakest part of your routine. The move needs to be cleaner and quicker and need to look exactly like the moves before and after it in terms of the distance of the hands and the movement of the fingers as well as in tempo. You need to do it to a mental count of one, two, three. The three count works here and would work better if it was mirrored in the crash link. Also, you are looking too much at the rings. You need to be able to do that sequence without looking so intently at what you are doing. Where you are looking focuses the audience's attention. If you have to look, look at the side point where the rings catch the first two times and penetrate the third time.

9. The second crash link is problematic. You start with three unlinked rings, you crash one ring through another and then all three are linked. You need to link the first two and then do the crash link to link the third. To link the first two, the action should mirror the pull through move (which I recommended you use for the first link). You should then do the same spins as the first time. Notice how mirroring the first set of links using different methods dispels any particular method. Then do the crash link of one into two.

10. Linking the remaining ring to the three linked is well done.

11. The unlinking sequence is good, but you want to unlink the second two rings in the same manner as the first.

I'd be glad to explain more in a PM if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanentertainer

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2010
thanks you so much for your advice, modified the routine a little today. Need help smoothing it out more. Will pm you a video of the update routine later and see if you can help.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results