Christian CA Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I remember some state (I think, could have just been someone high up in the state) Making a claim against Disney for some very questionable sexual stuff supposedly interlaced with the film. I don't know if it's true or not, but I found this funny. Here's two that I've found. (Hope it dosen't offend anyone.)

Aladdin: According to some far-right Christian groups, in a scene where Aladdin is attempting to woo Jasmine and Rajah the tiger is accosting him, Aladin is heard saying, "Good teenagers take off their clothes." It certainly sounds like it if you're told what to listen for. But that's probably not what he's saying. For one thing, it makes no sense to the plot. For another, Disney, who never does anything nowadays without looking at the bottom line, surely doesn't see any market value to their customers in naked teenagers.

Never mind. Let's go on.

The Lion King: The word SEX is supposedly formed in the clouds above Simba's head after he watches his father die. Once again, this one you can see if you know exactly what to look for. What the meaning is is anyone's guess. Many have said the letters are actually "S-F-X," which stood for Disney's special effects department. This explanation is less than satisfying, but probably true. The lettering is difficult to make out, even when viewing the still frames. It may just be a Rorschach effect in a random cloud. At any rate, if Disney did it on purpose, and it has some subliminal value as some assert, it's difficult to see any market value in movie-goers heading out to the lobby for a quickie in the middle of the movie.

AH! That made me smile blahblah lol.
Well now it has been dug up... I read about this and followed a load of links until I found something. Check out www.snopes.com and follow links through disney etc. there's some really funny stuff there, and some things that are a little worrying

Well now it has been dug up... I read about this and followed a load of links until I found something. Check out www.snopes.com and follow links through disney etc. there's some really funny stuff there, and some things that are a little worrying

Haha, I thought this damn thread disappeared. The site marks The Little Mermaid cover mishap as false. That's BS, i've got the damn cover that shows it lol. I'm gonna keep looking around the site though, thanks.

Sep 2, 2007
this reminds me of a story I heard at a confrence. I forget the name and alot of the actual story but essentially it's about a juggler and at one point in the story, the juggler meets up with two monks. He asks them who they were and they said that they were monks who spread the word of God. He explained that he was a juggler. "So you do the same thing as us" the monks replied "Oh no. I juggle. I'm not religious" That went back and forth for awhile before the monk said "Where there is joy there is god" I love that quote (where there is joy there is god) And if magic brings joy to people, how could the person who brings magic TO them, be the antichrist? (Especially when said person entertains, as well as if you look he prays, or atleast pretends to, at the start of some of his 'demonstrations'

(Please try to ignore any grammar mistakes. I'm in a bit of a rush)

Dec 29, 2008
Colorado

Holy crap, Harry Potter is the devil too. :D And I thought Criss Angel is as fictional of a charecter as some nut job was say is the devil. But I will generally agree with Steerpike, its more than likley a hoax. I say that because, you would think the devil would be a bit more creative than CA. Also, if you search the web for uncredited crap websites, the devil list goes on and on...ie. Bill Gates, every U.S President, damn near every rock musician in the last three decades, Oprah, Tom Cruise, and I am sure if you really wanted to waste time, Brad Pitt.

But really...Bill Gates is the devil....just look at Windows Vista. :D

Feb 8, 2008
Wow, I love the productivity of this forum.

I also love the numerous people posting random opinions that don't further magic.

Oh, and I definitely love how people can say anything they want about religion and spirituality when they haven't fully studied it for themselves.

Seriously though, you guys are just spouting opinions based on what happened without fully understanding any of these matters.

Sep 2, 2007
if you're reffering to me: I'm sorry. I was quoting a story I heard at a confrence. and I really like/agree with the quote.
2. this threqad has just started bashing this man/these people. I mean, no you don;t agree, neither do I. but that gives NO ONE the reason to make fun of him for his beliefs.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
heh it is ironic that a thread can go on so long off topic, and yet a thread about how someone's faith affects the magic they perform, get closed because that is apparently not about magic...
:rolleyes:

j

D

Deleted member 2755

heh it is ironic that a thread can go on so long off topic, and yet a thread about how someone's faith affects the magic they perform, get closed because that is apparently not about magic...
:rolleyes:

j

Maybe sometimes we don't catch things when on the forums which is why people should REPORT POSTS! :)

With that being said, this thread is locked for obvious reasons. I have no idea how I missed this one....

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results