Classic Palm

Mar 9, 2008
So i just started working on coin magic, im currently learning off michael ammar's intro to coin magic.

Now i've been working on classic palm for 2 days and i feel that it is too high and also that i can't get my hand flat. Maybe its cos i have barely practiced but i was just wondering how long it took you guys to do it without even thinking.

Cheers

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I am by no means an expert, but I still haven't gotten my hand anywhere near flat. I think its going to take a while for your hand to strengthen so that you can hold it and act like nothing is in it. Just my opinion. Keep up with it!

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
The hand will probably never get flat look at some proffesionals e.g David Stone he has a beautiful classic palm almost flat. You need to build muscle in the hand so obviously the muscle gets bigger meaning you won't need to cramp your hand as much.

Tom

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
keep it in palm all day. both hands. make sure it is palmed correctly by using your index finger and middle finger and rotating it into palm. do not and i repeat not place it in your hand. do everything that you do whilst keeping the coins palmed. i used to play drums, write, all that jazz for a couple months. you will be able to build that muscle rapidly and it will fell better. you will be able to place your hand flat on a table or even have 6 coins palmed somewhat naturally. ok the 6 coins is just me after a long time. but still. practice practice practice. oh also experiment with different coin sizes day to day.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You need to get Chinese Relaxation balls to help build the dexterity and muscles in your hands and then also learn the Muscle Pass in both hands. That should give you a good CP.

Mar 29, 2008
You need to get Chinese Relaxation balls to help build the dexterity and muscles in your hands and then also learn the Muscle Pass in both hands. That should give you a good CP.

also I'd like to add to make sure you use the same grip(same spot) for you CP as your muscle pass. I have been practising my cp for a while now, and am still not happy with it.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Why do you need your hands flat? That's not natural. Simply have your fingers curled in. I believe Michael Ammar discusses this on his Intro to Coin Magic. The more natural you look, the less your audience will be suspicious.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I agree with what magicshadow said. All you need to practice is making the hand look natural, not necessarily flat. It takes a long while to get comfortable with a classic palm, but once you do you will use it a lot .

Mar 9, 2008
Yeah sorry, i didn't mean completely flat, i meant pretty straight like how Michael Ammar holds them.

Also i feel that it's too high or is it ok to have it quite high?

Nov 12, 2008
The way I started practicing my classic palm was by putting the coin right in the spot that was most comfortable and best for the classic palm and actually drew a circle with a pen around the coin and practiced getting the coin in that spot with one hand. I got the classic palm down in a few weeks, pretty flat for my own uses. Hope this helps. :p

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
You would never want your hand perfectly flat.

Just natural.

Also,

If your classic palm is too high, then you're probably using the wrong muscles. It's gripped from the sides of the palm, not from the top and bottom muscles.

If you have a weird bird claw lookin' hand when you're cp-ing, it's probably due to that.

Scott.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results