Clipshift angles...

Dec 30, 2008
im afraid of them.

i just started practicing this move. my pinky hurts like a mother.
Is it possible to have a hand that is too small? or too short of a thumb?

Mainly i want to know how angle proof this move is.

honestly, im a little confused how i can ask all the questions i need without getting blamed for exposure...

If you want I'll answer you by PM.

Basically, it just takes practice. Your hand will cramp at first, but eventually you'll pick it up.

Angles - depends on the size of your hand.

If you have small hands, go to leeasher.com and compare your handsize there. If Lee can do it, so can you.

Sep 1, 2007
Honestly, after practicing A LOT, you just gotta do it for someone. Work out your own angles. Do it for a family member.

Dec 30, 2008
idk, i think my hands are pretty small, maybe a little bigger than brad christians lol.

i know what questions i want to ask... lol

Dec 30, 2008
i think my hands just need to get used to it like anything.
i remember i had trouble getting used to shapeshifter.

um. yeah, ive only been learning for like 2 days, but it seems there is no way i can do it in the mirror without flashing, making noise, and bumping my thumb all in one! LOL

Apr 28, 2008
idk, i think my hands are pretty small, maybe a little bigger than brad christians lol.

i know what questions i want to ask... lol

Your hands are almost certainly not too small, it's a common excuse nearly everybody uses at some point, many great magicians have very small hands (e.g. Lee Asher) and it doesn't have a negative effect on them at all.

As for the angles, the only one you really need to watch out for is your left, it can't really be done from this angle.

I've put a lot of time and effort into this move recently and it really is worth learning, if you want to ask some more detailed questions feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to answer them. You can also go to the protected forum at Dananddave.com

Remember that this is a fairly difficult sleight and it will take many months to perfect it, the first few days can be a bit painful. I suspect you may be expecting too much too soon. Watch the DVD over and over and look the pictures in the booklet, and go through the move very slowly and you'll get there.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Dude,I was so scared when performing clipshift. I felt like you could see the whole thing during the move.
But I performed it for my father and he was stunned.
Just try it for people.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I've found that shaking up and down vertically and parallel to your stomach works pretty well. The spectator is looking at the bottom right pip.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results