Close Up Pad Creases

Jul 18, 2010
Hey everyone i wanna ask what should i do if there is creases on my close up pad..the creases makes is harders for me to do a ribbon spread and its just annoying..pls help me :)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Did you fold it to get it into a carrying case or something? Most people either always leave them flat when traveling or roll it up gently. Try not to set heavy objects on them either or sometimes it will leave an indentation.

Would there be a way to roll it the opposite direction or iron it with a low setting? I'm just tossing ideas out there as I'm not sure what can be done at this point.

Jul 18, 2010
pad

Yes i fold it once and then realise the crease..should i put the weight ob the working surface of the pad or at the back of the pad?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I meant do NOT put heavy weights on your pad..my apologies it was a typo, however I guess you could put a weight on the back of the pad and see if it pushes the indents back out or try the washing method like Brundage said. If neither works, then I guess you'll have to purchase a new one.

One time I bought a brand new close up pad for about $30.00, went to a gig that night, used flash paper and it didn't go out before it went right down on my pad and singed a huge black spot right in the middle. Ouch...I was not happy.

Jan 18, 2008
Rick - that's really funny. The same thing happened with me and my mat. got a little greedy with the flash paper - and 'woof!' there went my close up pad being a professional equipment anymore. :(

since then, I have gotten others, all which were ok at first, but later on, the material would separate from the rest of the mat. this would leave ribbs and wrinkles just making it look old.

I have now turned to pattricks mats. Its the best mat I have ever used, its as beautiful as tony clarks without the pattern which I hear can catch the cards. Look into those if you guys are interested in them.

as for any imperfections - thats just what happens with pads after a while of use, I would say get another if you can, and use this wrinkled one as a back up. Try washing it, gentle dry, and rolling it with the finish material out.

Aug 2, 2011
California
I would try to wash it gently. For the future, store it flat or gently roll it up with the actual working surface on the OUTSIDE. I have had this VDF mat for a couple years. It's big, cheap, professional, and has a nice grip to it. I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S5723

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results