Coffee Shops/Restaurant gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2008
Apologies to those who are feasting on my inexperience, but i request the thread to be closed.

Obviously ive had enough people telling me "Morgician is right, Magic is an art, hobbyist or no hobbyist." Enough is Enough.

Though one more thing, can you get Sinful to close this topic? i think it'd be quite amusing to See Sinful close it, as Sinful07 started it. ahh, the little things that make me happy. =D

Edit:

Pardon, i am foreseeing some Behind-the-scene bashing towards my hostile actions. I am requesting the Thread to be closed purely for the sole reason that im not getting straightforward answers. There were only a couple of people That have taken their time to understand my post Fully. I thought it was as easy as a yes or no answer, more like a questionaire really. and i thought it would be a tad bit patronising to elaborate further.

Boy was i wrong. Felt more like a flaming thread than an actual discussion. but Anywho-

Cheers Ladies.

-Sin

D

Deleted member 2755

Whoah whoah whoah I have not been looking at this thread for too long.:eek:

I have to side with Morgician here. Some of my friends who work at magic shops or actually do paid gigs say to me that one of their biggest complaints about Theory 11 is bad advice given and no one correcting them. I do see a lot of good advice and a lot of bad advice. Morgician is one of the people here that will give you the right advice on most topics in magic.

The advice that you received from people via PM... Was it real advice from a working magician? Or was it advice from a "magician" about what they THINK is right? I communicate with Morgician quite often and I take every little bit of advice and use it to my advantage. He is a working magician and the advice he gives is great.

I think its very important to get as much knowledge about magic as possible before just doing it. My advice may not be the best on this topic because... I'm not a working magician. However, thinking this situation through... I would think that doing Angle Zero as an only trick would not be good. As Morgician said... it would lead to your spectator saying "cute". If you used that as an effect in the middle or end of your performance, your reactions would be WAAAAY different. (That I actually CAN say because that would apply not just in a restaurant, but in general.)

There are many posters on here that I appreciate for their great advice, but I take advice from someone like Morgician over just about everyone because I KNOW that he has the experience. If you get advice from a WORKING magician on how magic should be done.... Think about it. Don't take it for granted. Use the advice that is REAL advice and not just what you want to hear. Think about it.

Sinful07, you really are not like this usually. You usually are positive on here. I am a bit disappointed in the negativity in this thread from you. Advice from a working magician should be taken above everyone else simply by default. THEY KNOW how the real game works. Guys like Morgician and Steve Simmons don't need to be on here. They are at the point in their magic where they don't need these forums. They go on here to share their knowledge with others. This is something taken for granted way to often... I'm more than grateful to have guys like these on here. Take what they say and apply it to your magic. You won't be disappointed.

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

Sorry, you posted while I was typing.... And with that being said... this topic is now locked.

Sinful07, your wish has been granted. :)

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results