Coin in Can and other coin effects?

Jun 13, 2013
What are the best Coin in soda can effects out there that are clean, impromptu, and not too dificult on the market. Also what are your favorite impromptu coin tricks to perform?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
For the coin in soda can plot, it's hard to beat the gold standard: Sinful by Wayne Houchin. Powerful, impromptu, signed coin, borrowed can. Diabolical and a proven, powerful effect. I haven't stopped performing it since the day I learned it.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I agree - Sinful is an amazing trick with a very good method. One of my favorite tricks ever produced.

I don't know the method for Diabolical but it's getting really good reviews.

There's also Breakthrough by the Mengel Brothers. I think it's a clever method and very good trick and highly suggest you look into it.

Jun 13, 2013
Ya, I'm debating on either Sinful or Breakthrough. But I don't wanna buy both. Which of these two has less flashing and is easier to perform?

May 6, 2013
www.Ibimania.com
Sinful is easier, can be done with a sealed can, and has a bigger "impossibility factor" to it.
However breakthrough (will take more practice) and with an unsealed can is less flashy

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Honestly this is now the battle of Sinful vs Breakthrough in my opinion. Both of these effects are beyond amazing it's really up to your personal preference, I would go for both but Sinful is my go to effect and has always been, since it's the love child of magic :D Either one is best.

Sep 2, 2007
London
If I was going to learn a coin in can routine, I'd certainly go for Sinful, but I think I'd have Breakthrough ready to go in case it felt like a good opportunity to repeat the effect.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Sinful, hands down. I've seen it performed by some of my magician friends for lay people and it kills every single time and I've heard it is a bit easier than Breakthrough. To be fair to the Mengel bros though I do not know their handling, so it is just based on hearsay through the magic grapevine...ha ha.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Knowing both methods I would say they are about equal in skill demand, honestly.

It really comes down to what you want to do. If you want to use a sealed can, use Sinful. If you want to use an empty can, use Breakthrough. I would also recommend both - they compliment each other nicely and can even be used to cancel each other out (ie: if they have an explanation for one method, it won't work for the other method and they seem like the same trick.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results