Collectors routines?

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Aside from Syd Segal's (which I am looking at) and the Bucks's, what are some good versions of the Collectors plot? I don't want an overly flourishy routine (like Kevin Ho's or the Bucks's), but rather something like Segal's. I'd like it to have a rather straightforward look. Thanks!

Jul 25, 2012
Detroit, MI
Well Dan & Dave have two different ones if i am not mistaken, the one that is featured on The Trilogy and the one i really like is MKA it is very flourishy though, but it is a good routine and displays quite a bit of skill.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
ChristopherT - I really need to pick up that set, Benjamin Earl is crazy good.

WalkingHollow - I was talking about the one in the Trilogy, but both are too flourishy for my tastes. And, in my opinion, the Trilogy one isn't a true collectors plot.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Joel Givens' has got a really nice Collectors routine in his Session book as well as a bunch of other routines (Trust me, the book is really worth checking out!) Ed Marlo is responsible for one of my favourite collectors routines and Aaron Fisher has a similar one (in presentation) in his book The Paper Engine (again, the book is worth checking out)

I've also tackled the collectors plot myself and come up with two variations, which I've found to flow extremely well together in a full length routine. I would provide the link but I'm on my phone so I can't; however if you go to YouTube and type in Cucumber Collectors (the name of the trick) and select the first result that comes up, you can watch my full performance. And no, this isn't an advertisement for my work; I'm just helping you out in your quest for some practical Collectors routines. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I checked out yours and it doesn't really suit my style, but you've got some interesting ideas man. I don't classify a one-card collectors plot as a true collectors plot; I'm talking about a trick wherein four cards trap three. I forgot about Fisher's! I have his book somewhere and need to dig that out again haha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results