Control by Wayne Houchin

Sep 14, 2007

Control by Wayne Houchin.

My first thoughts about this effect was "wow", this is going to be a very good, especially to be taught by Wayne Houchin. Just the thought of being able to slow down your pulse and completely stops and you look as if you’re dead is awesome. Especially the beauty of being Impromptu, Like perform this anywhere, anytime at any condition.

The effect

Imagine this, your chatting with your friends and stuff, hanging out, havin a couple of drinks and you ask to do a test, to test your pulse. You ask someone to feel your pulse, you ask them to count with it, they start counting with your pulse. Then suddenly the pulse slows down and the spectator counts slower, until it gradually stops. As the pulse slows down, you start to close your eyes until you seem dead, you are there for about a minute until your pulse starts to rise back up again and the spectator counts as it rises.

Method

The method is a beauty.

Impromptu
Anywhere
Anytime
No gimmicks

Teaching

The teaching is very good and straight to the point, Wayne teaches on how to perform this and they will never know. He also points out the do’s and don’ts so you will know what is right & wrong.

The DVD quality is extremely good, there are no pixalated squares whatsoever.

Well that’s the review!!!

Feb 7, 2008
i sure hope the trick isnt just to put a golf ball below your armpit and squeeze because that will stop your pulse..and that trick was the first one i learned.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
i sure hope the trick isnt just to put a golf ball below your armpit and squeeze because that will stop your pulse..and that trick was the first one i learned.

No its not, I think almost every magician knows that trick. Besides, that would make it not impromtu...

-Cyrus

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I bought this today, promising myself I wouldn't throw anything at Wayne.

... I failed. I threw a whole deck of League Backs at him, then I laughed a little - this method of stopping your pulse is ingenious.

- Sean

Sep 2, 2007
I just watched it and its very clever.

The price of the DVD is worth the trick and you get two bonus effect's

Haven't tried it yet though

Jan 3, 2008
I bought this today, promising myself I wouldn't throw anything at Wayne.

... I failed. I threw a whole deck of League Backs at him, then I laughed a little - this method of stopping your pulse is ingenious.

- Sean

Lol same here. I said that I wouldn't do it because of how cool the effect is and how I had no idea how to do it. But once I saw the method, I thought: "That's really it? That's all?" And chucked my TV remote at the TV. Almost broke the thing too. :p

But after watching all the advice and performace ideas, I looked back on how ingenious it is. It's a great, simple method that is COMPLETELY impromptu, with no props or gimmicks.

This is by far my favorite trick, I performed it at school for a group of girls and I heard:

"Oh my God! Is he dead?"
"Stay away from him! He might be hurt!"
"Somebody go get the front office!"
"Please don't let him be dead. I'll scream right now if he is"

And sure enough, she did scream. This is an awesome effect; and nice review by the way. :)

-killer : kam

Sep 2, 2007
I really liked control, a very smart method of killing youself :p.

If anyone got the DVD, what did you guys think of Dexter's performance ideas of the pulse stop?

I thoguth dexter had some guy idea's like prediciting how many count's it would be then it would stop.

It's a trulky great method along with his other

Feb 21, 2008
I have to say I hate to see people bashing "the classic" pulse stop method. I admit it's not impromptu, but to the spectator the effect (which is far more important than the method) is exactly the same. It's arrogant to assume that if Wayne's method is better that the old one would be bad.

Back to business: I like to perform the pulse stop effect (Luke Jermay's For Andruzzi preferably) sometimes. But I think that pulse stop is not something you should do everywhere, and because of that I don't need an impromptu version.

So is there any other reasons, except the fact that Control is impromptu, why I should pay $30, when I already know the classic method?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 17, 2008
Sask, Canada
I totally agree with you Ajatustenlukija. This isn't a trick that should be done impromptu. I learned the original method years ago from my Grandmother's boyfriend and I haven't performed it in years. All this hype about "Control" had got me wondering if the method was the same. Although we've been informed that the method is not the same, the effect if performed properly is still the same.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results